Advantages for UE Education Students
Majoring in education at the University of Evansville prepares students to teach the right way – by doing it. Education students experience the following:
- A K-12 classroom placement during their freshman year at UE.
- Intensive internships (240+ hours) during junior year for elementary and secondary majors.
- Four full-semester practicums during sophomore and junior years for special education students.
- A full 16 weeks of student teaching.
- 1,000 hours of classroom experience before graduation.
- Opportunities to conduct research with faculty members and participate in community activities, including literacy and reading events and after-school programs.
The University of Evansville School of Education offers programs that lead to a Bachelor of Science degree and state licensure at all levels, kindergarten through high school. Students may choose from the following teaching areas:
- Elementary education (including kindergarten)
- Biology/Life Science
- English and Language Arts
- Foreign language (French, German, Spanish)
- Social studies
Majors available for all grade levels:
- Special education (Elementary or Secondary)
- Visual art
- Elementary Education
- Secondary Education
- Teaching English as a Second Language (TESL)