Auditions and Interviews
The Department of Theatre seeks students interested in studying acting, directing, scene design, costume design, lighting design, sound design, theatre technology, stage management, dramaturgy, playwriting, theatre management, and general theatre studies. Auditions and interviews determine the student’s experience and potential for success in a theatre-related career. A student participating in auditions through an organized event does not need to schedule a private audition.
Auditions and interviews should include one or more of the following approaches:
- Audition: Actors should provide a headshot, resume, and prepare a memorized two-to-three-minute monologue from a contemporary play, 20-30 lines from a play by William Shakespeare, and one verse from a Broadway musical. The student must provide recorded musical accompaniment and use their own playing device.
- Portfolio Review: Stage managers, designers, and technicians should provide a resume, as well as present examples of work in the form of photographs, prompt-scripts, slides, and/or drawings of productions on which the student has worked. Examples of related skills (sewing, woodworking, drawing, etc.) are also helpful. Students interested in theatre management should present a comprehensive resume, writing samples, and any photographs or examples of completed projects. Students interested in theatre studies may choose to combine an audition and portfolio review.
- Interview: All prospective students will interview with members of the faculty to assess skills and interests. Interviews allow students to talk with a faculty member in an informal manner and discover what the University of Evansville and the student have to offer each other.
Auditions and Interviews Schedule
The University of Evansville will conduct auditions and interviews in-person and via a virtual platform this year. We will be participating in several group auditions, UE private auditions (in-person and virtual), and private auditions as part of the National Unified Auditions.
The University of Evansville Theatre has a $25 audition fee for all private auditions. To apply for a need-based fee waiver, please email email@example.com.
The University of Evansville plans to have representatives conducting auditions and interviews in conjunction with the following events:
- International Thespian Festival
- Texas Thespian Festival
- Kansas Thespian Festival
- Greater San Antonio Auditions
- Greater Houston Auditions
- Colorado Thespian Conference
- Ohio Unified Theatre Auditions
- Minnesota Thespian Conference
- Georgia Thespian Conference
- National Unified Auditions
The University of Evansville is a proud, founding member of the National Unified Auditions. For more information about National Unified Auditions (including group hotel rates), visit https://unifiedauditions.com.
|Evansville||University of Evansville||Request a private audition for Saturday, September 25, 2021|
|Virtual Audition||Request a private audition for Saturday, October 23, 2021|
|Evansville||University of Evansville||Request a private audition for Saturday, November 13, 2021|
|Evansville||University of Evansville||Request a private audition for Saturday, January 15, 2022|
|Virtual Audition||Request a private audition for Saturday, January 22, 2022|
|New York City||Request a private audition for Saturday, January 29, 2022|
|Chicago||Request a private audition for Monday, February 7, 2022|
|Chicago||Request a private audition for Tuesday, February 8, 2022|
|Chicago||Request a private audition for Wednesday, February 9, 2022|
|Chicago||Request a private audition for Thursday, February 10, 2022|
|Anaheim||Request a private audition for Saturday, February 12, 2022|
|Evansville||University of Evansville||Request a private audition for Saturday, February 19, 2022|
Additional audition events and cities may be added. Check back here for an up-to-date list.