On-campus Residency Requirement for Full Renewal of Aid

For students entering UE prior to fall 2021, full renewal of UE financial aid (scholarships or grants) requires continued residency in UE-approved housing even after satisfying their on-campus Residency Requirement.

Types of UE-approved housing and meal plan options: Students who live in ANY type of UE-approved housing are considered “on campus” for the purposes of renewing their full financial aid. UE-approved housing includes residence halls, University apartments, houses, townhouses, and University-managed and University-approved Greek houses. * Choice of meal plan, or lack thereof, does not affect financial aid.

*Housing awards that exclude fraternity housing are:

  • UE Changemaker Housing Scholarship
  • UE IB Housing Scholarship
  • UE Engagement Housing Scholarship

Harlaxton and Study Abroad: Students attending Harlaxton College for a semester are considered to be living in University-approved housing and will NOT experience a reduction to their UE-funded financial aid. Students in UE-approved study abroad programs will not experience a reduction as long as the study abroad experience provides a housing opportunity similar to UE.

Refer to the Office of Residence Life policies with regard to the residency requirements and exemption criteria for students entering UE: Residency Requirement.

Financial Aid Reduction: Students who were required to live in UE housing when entering UE, and who choose to move off campus after satisfying the Office of Residence Life’s Residency Requirement, will experience a reduction to their UE-funded financial aid:

  • $4,500 annually or $2,250 per semester

Types of aid affected: The aid reduction affects all UE-funded aid, whether merit or need-based. Unique policies govern the administration of athletic scholarships.

This reduction of aid will NOT apply to students who have elected to live on campus but later move off campus to move home with parents in approved counties, live with a spouse or dependent, transfer students, or students entering their fifth year at UE. Documentation may be required.

UE Housing Scholarships: Students who have been awarded any UE Housing Scholarship and choose to move out of UE-approved housing will not be eligible for this award.

Regaining aid: Students who lost aid as a result of moving off campus may regain the original value of their aid if they later return to UE-approved housing.