Pillars of Excellence
While each fraternity and sorority on the UE campus has its own distinct character, philanthropies, colors, and Inter/National histories, there are values that are shared among all of UE's Greek Life.
We call these our Five Pillars of Excellence:
- UE Greek students are highly involved on campus. From student government to orientation leaders, to Resident Assistants and Division I athletes, Greek students are everywhere!
- There are several ways for you to get involved and gain leadership experience while a student at UE. One of the best ways is to join a fraternity or sorority. Each organization has opportunities for students to hold leadership roles from President to social chair or community service chair. There are also community-wide leadership positions within the Panhellenic Council, Interfraternity Council and the Inter-Greek Council (IGC).
The University of Evansville Greek Life community excels inside the classroom. Since 1996 the all-Greek GPA has been above a 3.0. You can download and review our semester grade reports below.
- Grade Continuum Report - Spring 2019
- Grade Continuum Report - Fall 2018
- Grade Continuum Report - Spring 2018
- Grade Continuum Report - Fall 2017
Organized Social Programs
Each organization hosts their own formal and semi-formal dances throughout the year. In addition there are opportunities for more causal date parties, mixers and social parties.
- Welcome Week Events
- New Member Orientation
- Greek Week
- Intramural Sports
- All Greek Mixers
- Musical Madness
- Greeks Supporting UE Athletes
Community Service and Philanthropy
- Service to others is a shared value of all our Fraternities and Sororities. Each organization supports a national and/or local philanthropy by raising money through events held on campus. Some events include: Big Man on Campus, SigEpA-Go-Go, Hot-Tub-A-Thon, Teeter-Totter-A-Thon, Dishes for Wishes, Strike Out Arthritis, Paddy Murphy Pageant and Phi Day Night Live.
- The UE Greek Community has raised over $50,000 for philanthropic causes.
- In addition to raising money, the community participates in many community service projects. Each organization encourages its members to be active members of the UE and Evansville community through service projects. The UE Greek community completed over 9500 hours of community service.
- Trick or Eat is a community service opportunity open to all UE students and hosted by UE Greek Life. Each year, on Halloween, students dress up and go door to door trick or treating for canned foods, personal hygiene items and other products that may be in need. The items are then donated to a local organization. Past recipients include St. John the Apostle Food back, AIDS Resource Group, and the TriState Food Bank.
- Fraternity and Sorority membership provides you with a huge network of friends on campus and beyond. Each organization commits to the betterment of each individual through educational programs, team building experiences, fun socials and shared values.
- All fraternities and sororities participate in our UE Intramural program. Intramural sports range from one day tournaments to several week long seasons. From competitive play in A league, to simple fun times in C league there is something for everyone.
- The friendships formed in a fraternity or sorority are deep, meaningful relationships that last a lifetime.