Applying for Your Degree
- Apply for your degree by the end of your junior year. Application for degree can be found on Self Service.
- Formally applying for your degree is a requirement for graduation
- Changing your graduation term? Contact the Office of the Registrar.
- Commencement Central is an event were degree candidates stop by to check their diploma name, and degree program as well as order caps and gowns, touch base with Alumni Relations, Career Services, and other such organizations related to graduation.
Ordering Caps and Gowns
- All candidates are required to wear regulation cap and gown, purchased from the Bookstore.
- Doctoral and Master’s degree candidates should contact the Bookstore at least a month in advance to ensure a timely arrival for their cap, gown, and hood ensemble.
- Contact the Bookstore at 812-488-2678 to order your University of Evansville announcements.
- Honors cords are awarded to students meeting honors requirements (3.50 minimum GPA) as of the 2019 Winter Intersession term.
- Notifications to pick up honors cord will be send just prior to the ceremony.
- Final University honors for diplomas and transcripts are awarded upon graduation.
- Line Numbers are assigned and emailed to students during prior to the ceremony.
- This number tells you where to stand in line for the procession.