Parent and Guest Information
We are pleased to welcome our graduates’ families and guests to campus in September for the Commencement.
- The Baccalaureate ceremony will begin on Saturday, September 19, 2020, in Neu Chapel on the University Campus.
- Seating for parents and guests is on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Please see the Baccalaureate Service section for more information.
- The Commencement is held indoors at The Ford Center in downtown Evansville on Saturday, September 19, 2020 at 10:00 a.m. (students need to arrive at least 45 minutes early).
- Ford Center security will search any bags brought into the arena. Please be sure to leave all knives, guns, and outside food and beverages at home or in your vehicle.
- We expect the ceremony to last between 2 and 2 ½ hours.
- A sign language interpreter will be present for the hearing impaired in sections 114 and 115 of The Ford Center.
The Ford Center is located at 1 S.E. Martin Luther King, Jr. Blvd.
- Behind the Civic Center Complex across from The Ford Center (free).
- On-street parking is located throughout downtown (free).
- City-owned parking garages are on Locust St., Third St., and Sycamore St. (fee charged – credit/debit only).
- Please visit The Ford Center website for more details.
- There is no limit to the number of guests who may attend the ceremony (no tickets).
- Seating is on a first come, first served basis.
- Some seating is reserved for faculty, graduates, and governing boards.
- A drink concessions stand will be open for your convenience.
After the Ceremony
- Students will be led to the second floor concourse level outside sections 110 and 111 where they will say final good-byes to the faculty.
- You may join your student or feel free to wait in the main lobby for their return.
The University of Evansville is happy to provide a live stream of the Commencement. Please see the Live Stream and Video Archive.