Parent and Guest Information
We are pleased to welcome our graduates’ families and guests to campus for Commencement services!
The Baccalaureate ceremony will be held virtually on Friday, May 7, at 4:00 p.m. Both the Classes of 2020 and 2021 are invited to attend virtually. Rev. JillAnn Knonenborg, director of religious life, will officiate the ceremony. Please see Baccalaureate Service for more information.
Commencement ceremonies will be held indoors at the Ford Center in downtown Evansville at the following times:
- Friday, May 7, 2021 at 7:00 p.m. – Class of 2020,
- Saturday, May 8, 2021 at 10:00 a.m. – Class of 2021, College of Education and Health Sciences and College of Engineering and Computer Science
- Saturday, May 8, 2021 at 7:00 p.m. – Class of 2021, William L. Ridgway College of Arts and Science and Schroeder Family School of Business Administration
- Students need to arrive at least 45 minutes early to the Ford Center.
- Ford Center security will search any bags brought into the arena. Please be sure to leave all knives, guns, and outside food and beverages at home or in your vehicle.
- We expect the ceremonies to last between 2 and 2 ½ hours.
- A sign language interpreter will be present for the hearing impaired in sections 114 and 115 of the Ford Center.
The Ford Center is located in downtown Evansville at 1 S.E. Martin Luther King, Jr. Blvd.
- Free parking is available behind the Civic Center Complex across from The Ford Center.
- Free on-street parking is located throughout downtown.
- City-owned parking garages are located on Locust St., Third St., and Sycamore St. (fee charged – credit/debit only).
- Please visit The Ford Center website for more details.
- There will be a limited number of seats for each students guests who may attend the ceremony (tickets are required).
- Some seating is reserved for faculty, graduates, and governing boards.
- A drink concessions stand will be open for your convenience.
After the Ceremony
- Students will be led to the second floor concourse level outside sections 110 and 111 where they will say final good-byes to the faculty.
- You may join your student or feel free to wait in the main lobby for their return.