Senior Keynote Commencement Speaker Competition
The University has an established tradition of selecting a graduating senior to deliver a brief address at Commencement. This year, due to distancing requirements, the University will host two separate Commencement ceremonies, each celebrating the graduates from two of our colleges. In keeping with this format, two Senior Keynote Speakers will be selected through a competitive process as outlined below.
All graduating seniors in good standing at UE are eligible to be considered for the Senior Keynote. This year the Selection Committee is pleased to be able to include more student voices in the Commencement celebrations, and seniors from all four colleges are encouraged to submit speeches for consideration. The speaker for the morning ceremony will come from the College of Education and Health Sciences or the College of Business and Engineering. The speaker for the evening ceremony will be chosen from the Ridgway College of Arts and Sciences or the Schroeder School of Business. To be considered, please complete the following requirements.
- Submit the embedded form including name of faculty reference – see below
- Upload the written draft of your Commencement speech - 1000 - 1500 words, or a duration of 10 minutes
A limited number of finalists will be asked to present their speeches before the Selection Committee. The final selections for the Senior Keynote Commencement Speakers will be announced at the University of Evansville Leadership Awards Program.
We encourage you to consider applying. More details on the Senior Keynote and other information you will need for graduation will be available during Commencement Central.
Selection Committee members include:
- James MacLeod, 2021 Selection Committee Chair, Professor, History
- Dana Clayton, Vice President and Dean of Students
- Kristina Hochwender, Associate Professor, English
- Nick Lewis, Student Representative
- Patti Lippert, Executive Assistant to the President
- Rania Mousa, Associate Professor, Accounting and Business Administration
- Jennifer Whitaker, Alumni and Parent Relations