Senior Keynote Commencement Speaker Competition
The University has an established tradition of selecting a graduating senior to deliver a brief address at Commencement. The Senior Keynote Speaker is selected through a competitive process as outlined below.
All graduating seniors in good standing at UE are eligible to be considered for the Senior Keynote.
- Completed form including name of faculty reference – see below
- Written draft of Commencement speech - 1000 - 1500 words, or a duration of 10 minutes
A limited number of finalists will be asked to present their speeches before the Selection Committee. The final selection for the Senior Keynote Commencement Speaker will be announced at the University of Evansville Leadership Awards Program.
We encourage you to consider applying. More details on the Senior Keynote and other information you will need for graduation will be available during Commencement Central.
Selection Committee members include:
- Kristina Hochwender, 2020 Selection Committee Chair, Associate Professor, English
- Paul Bone, Associate Professor, Creative Writing
- Dana Clayton, Vice President and Dean of Students
- Blake Elliott, Student Representative
- Patti Lippert, Executive Assistant to the President
- James McLeod, Professor of History
- Rania Mousa, Associate Professor, Accounting and Business Administration
- Jennifer Whitaker, Alumni and Parent Relations