Frequently-Asked Questions

I can't make it to Commencement Central. Is there something I can do?

Contact Academic Services to check your degree program and diploma name. Then go to the Bookstore to order your regalia and graduation announcements. Finally, be sure to connect with Alumni Relations to sign up for UE Connect and meet with Career Services to discuss your future plans.

I need one more class in the summer to finish my degree. Can I still walk in May?

Absolutely! Please be sure to inform Academic Services if there is any change in your anticipated graduation term. That way, we can be sure we have your graduation data entered into the system correctly and get you a registration time for summer registration if needed. This information is also important to have accurate because Student Financial Services uses your graduation date for reporting federal loans.

Should I show up to The Ford Center in my gown or can I change there?

We recommend coming to The Ford Center already in your robes. There will be no private dressing rooms and mirror space is limited, so come prepared. We will have basic necessities on hand if there is a wardrobe malfunction, but best to be ready in advance.

What accessories can I wear with my robe?

Only UE approved regalia is allowed at Commencement. This includes approved cords, sashes, tassels, and stoles only (i.e. no feather boas!). If you have any questions about what is UE approved, stop by Academic Services for more information.

Will The Ford Center have security for our belongings during Commencement?

No! Please leave purses, backpacks, etc. at home or with your guests. No security is guaranteed in The Ford Center hallways, and we will not be held responsible for any lost or stolen items, so only bring what you need and what you can carry with you.

It’s been two months and I haven't gotten my diploma yet. What’s going on?

Call us! There could be several reasons for a delay in your diploma. The best way to find out why is to call our office at 812-488-2600 or email us from your UE email address. We will be happy to investigate and find out what the hold-up is.

Right after Commencement I got a job offer out of town I couldn't pass up. How do I change my diploma mailing address?

When you finalize your diploma order, you can change the mailing address of where your diploma needs to be mailed. If you have already ordered your diploma and need the address changed please Contact the Academic Services Office at from your UE email to see if we can get that changed for you before you diploma is mailed. We can accept changes in your mailing address up until the document is put in our mailbox.

My parents want a copy of my diploma to hang up. Can I get more than one copy?
Yes! We would be happy to produce more than one copy of your diploma. Just fill out the Replacement Diploma Form on the Registrar’s web page and make a payment with the Office of Student Financial Services for the additional copy. Proof of identity may be required, especially if you do not use your UE email address any longer.