Spring Senior Keynote Commencement Speaker Competition
In 2012 the University established a new tradition of selecting a student to deliver a brief address at spring Commencement. The Senior Keynote Speaker will be selected through a competitive process as outlined below.
All graduating seniors in good standing at UE are eligible to be considered for the Senior Keynote.
To receive consideration from the Selection Committee, the following must be completed on or before March 20:
- Completed form including name of faculty reference – see below
- Written draft of Commencement speech - 1000 - 1500 words/10 minutes
A limited number of finalists will be asked to present their speeches before the Selection Committee the second week in April. The final selection for the Senior Keynote Commencement Speaker will be announced at the University of Evansville Leadership Awards Banquet on Thursday, April 21.
Selection Committee members include:
- Dr. Matthew Knoester, committee chair, assistant professor of education
- Dr. Dana Clayton, vice president and dean of students
- Ms. Sylvia DeVault, director of alumni and parent relations
- Ms. Abbi Hanson, student representative
- Ms. Patti Lippert, assistant to the president for external affairs
- Mr. James MacLeod, professor of history
- Dr. Rania Mousa, assistant professor of accounting and business administration