Spring Senior Keynote Commencement Speaker Competition
The University has an established tradition of selecting a graduating senior to deliver a brief address at spring Commencement. The Senior Keynote Speaker is selected through a competitive process as outlined below.
All graduating seniors in good standing at UE are eligible to be considered for the Senior Keynote.
To receive consideration from the Selection Committee, the following must be completed on or before March 24:
- Completed form including name of faculty reference – see below
- Written draft of Commencement speech - 1000 - 1500 words, or a duration of 10 minutes
A limited number of finalists will be asked to present their speeches before the Selection Committee the second week in April. The final selection for the Senior Keynote Commencement Speaker will be announced at the University of Evansville Leadership Awards Program on Wednesday, April 24.
We encourage you to consider applying. More details on the Senior Keynote and other information you will need for graduation will be available at Commencement Central on Monday, March 4, from 4:00 - 6:00 p.m. in the Class of 1959 Gallery and Lounge, second floor of Ridgway University Center, and Tuesday, March 5, from 11:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. in Rademacher’s Lounge, first floor of Ridgway University Center.
Selection Committee members include:
- James MacLeod, Professor of History, Selection Committee Chair
- Paul Bone, Associate Professor, Creative Writing
- Dana Clayton, Vice President and Dean of Students
- Kristina Hochwender, Associate Professor, English
- Patti Lippert, Executive Assistant to the President
- Rania Mousa, Associate Professor, Accounting and Business Administration
- Liz Riffert, Director, Alumni and Parent Relations
- Joey Vermillion, Student Representative