The University of Evansville offers graduate admission into the Master of Science in Athletic Training (MSAT) program. Interested individuals may earn an undergraduate degree from the University of Evansville or another institution, then continue on or transfer to UE to complete the MSAT program. Students will complete two years of graduate studies through UE, which includes clinical rotation hours.
Applications for graduate admission open annually on August 1 for the upcoming summer cohort. The application process closes after UE hosts the MSAT Open House (typically in mid-November).
MSAT Application Requirements for Graduate Admission
- In final year of undergraduate education or graduated with bachelor’s degree2
Application VERIFIED on ATCAS
- Priority deadline is January 1 at 12:00 p.m. CST for on-campus interviews in mid-January.
- Rolling admission as enrollment dictates after priority deadline. Interviews as dictated by enrollment after January.
- Cumulative GPA of 3.000 or higher (if cumulative GPA is less than 3.000, GRE scores are strongly recommended)
REQUIRED coursework completed in the following (C or better)3
- Anatomy & Physiology + Lab
- Chemistry + Lab
- Physics + Lab
- Exercise Physiology
The following undergraduate classes are recommended for graduate admission applicants:
- Medical Terminology
- Strength & Conditioning/Sports Performance
After acceptance into the MSAT program, students must provide the following:
- $200 non-refundable deposit to confirm seat in the program (this will be applied towards the first semester of tuition once enrolled)
- Official transcripts showing completion of undergraduate degree or official transcripts showing ability to complete undergraduate degree at the University of Evansville prior to enrollment in AT 691 (second year of program).4
- Completed Technical Standards Form
- Completed forms for the Student Health Center
- Background screen
- Proof of current appropriate emergency cardiac care certification (Students may obtain this during the first semester in the MSAT program)
1 Applicants are permitted to have up to three courses not completed by application if unofficial transcript shows course(s) in progress and/or registered.
2 Current University of Evansville students may potentially begin the MSAT program in their undergraduate senior year and complete both their Bachelor of Science in Exercise and Sport Science and Master of Science in Athletic Training in five years. Students should consult with their undergraduate academic advisor if seeking this option.
3 Applicants are permitted to have courses not completed by application if unofficial transcript shows all required courses in progress or registered.
4 Current University of Evansville students may potentially begin the MSAT program in their undergraduate fourth year and complete both their Bachelor of Science in Exercise and Sport Science and Master of Science in Athletic Training in five years. Students need to consult with the UE MSAT Program Director if seeking this option.