Plant Maintenance Technician
The Facilities Department has an immediate opening for a Central Plant Maintenance Technician. Some of the responsibilities of this full-time position include:
- Operate and maintain central utility plant steam boilers and auxiliary equipment
- Operate and maintain steam distribution system to point of use (piping, valves, traps, PRVs, heat exchangers, expansion joints, etc.)
- Operate and maintain entire chilled water production and distribution system
- Operate and maintain all other central plant utility production/delivery systems (compressed air, domestic hot water, soft water, etc.)
- Work with the Building Automation System (BAS) to monitor and adjust operating conditions. Respond to alarms with a sense of urgency
- Assist the HVAC Service Technician in the performance of preventative maintenance and repairs on equipment.
- Maintain other assigned facility utility systems
- Ensure the Facility is always clean and in proper working condition
- Maintain spare part, cleaning supplies, maintenance material inventories
- Technical training in similar trade desirable
- Work history indicating successful outcomes in same or similar field
- Ability to use a variety of hand tools, computers, mobile devices and test equipment for documentation and completion of work performed.
- Ability to communicate effectively (both in person and over the phone).
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time and lift 50lbs.
- Must be able to understand and adhere to all company Safety Policies and Industrial Practices.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and acceptable motor vehicle record.
To apply, please complete the online application located at http://www.evansville.edu/offices/hr/employmentApp.cfm.
The University of Evansville operates under a nondiscriminatory policy with regard to race, color, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, creed or religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status and all federally protected groups/classes. Minorities and underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply.
The University of Evansville participates in the E-Verify program.