Associate Head Athletic Trainer/Instructor
This is a dual appointment position working with UE Intercollegiate Athletics and in the School of Health Sciences and Athletic Training Program.
The candidate, along with the Associate Athletic Director for Sports Medicine, will supervise the athletic training staff in care of all student-athletes with primary coverage and travel with Men's Basketball. The Associate Athletic Director for Sports Medicine will determine secondary sports coverage.
The candidate with work with the Associate Athletic Director for Sports Medicine in the overall administration of the Sports Medicine program. Specific duties will be established upon employment.
This position also entails instruction for the School of Health Science/Athletic Training Program and serving as preceptor for students in the Athletic Training Program.
Athletic Training responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Prevention of athletic injuries and illness
- Evaluation, Treatment, and Rehabilitation of athletic injuries.
- Work with Sports Medicine team to design and implement prevention and rehab programs
- Providing counseling and education to Student-Athletes.
- Communicate with Student-Athletes, physicians, coaching staff, and when required, parents regarding the injury status of Student-Athletes.
- Administrative aspect of athletic training: electronic documentation, insurance processing, scheduling.
- Coordinate and Schedule medical coverage for home and away competitions.
- Supervision, education and recruitment of Athletic Training Staff, Athletic Training Students and Athletic Training Interns.
- Record keeping and documentation including insurance processing.
- Work with doctors and other allied health professionals to deliver health care to student-athletes.
- Master's Degree preferred
- BOC Certified
- Indiana Licensure or eligible/pending
- Previous basketball experience preferred
- Previous teaching experience preferred
- Previous experience as a clinical preceptor
- Previous insurance claims processing preferred
- Excellent verbal and writing communication skills are essential
- Able to perform the physical requirements of lifting and carrying objects
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including evenings, weekends, and holidays
Additional Qualifying Factors
- Ability to pass a background screening check
Instructions for applying:
Please go to the online application located at http://www.evansville.edu/offices/hr/employmentApp.cfm. To apply for this position, please attach your cover letter, resume, and three references.
The University of Evansville operates under a nondiscriminatory policy with regard to race, color, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, creed or religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status and all federally protected groups/classes. Minorities and underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply.
The University of Evansville participates in the E-Verify program.