Employment Opportunity Detail
The University of Evansville is seeking a self-motivated Staff Accountant proficient with Microsoft Excel, knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and the ability to adapt to various accounting information systems. As Staff Accountant, you will work with a great team that supports the University faculty and staff in all aspects of accounting.
Primary Job Duties:
- Record and track capital assets and depreciation
- Prepare and analyze monthly journal entries
- Reconcile various accounts and bank statements
- Maintain GL system access for users throughout the University
- Serve as liaison for monthly Harlaxton (UK) accounting and annual Harlaxton financial statement consolidation.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting required
- Recent graduates will be considered
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel
- Working knowledge of ERP systems preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail, organized and self-motivated
- Medical/Dental/Vision/Life/Disability plans with on-site clinic services
- 403(b) with employer match
- Generous vacation plan and paid holidays
- Wellness Resources
- Full tuition waiver for employees, spouses and dependent children
The University of Evansville expects all members of its community to treat each other with respect and civility. Harassing behaviors directed towards any member of our community will not be tolerated. As part of its commitment to non-discrimination, the University specifically prohibits harassment based on any other characteristics set forth in its nondiscrimination statement as follows: including race, color, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, creed or religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status and all federally protected groups/classes. Any form of harassment undermines the mission of the University and negatively impacts the University community as a whole.
The University of Evansville participates in the E-Verify program.
If you are interested in coming to work at the University of Evansville, fill out our online application as well as review our application procedures and benefits information below. If you wish to apply for a position in dining services, please contact Chartwells. If you wish to apply for a position in housekeeping, please contact WFF at 812-488-2045.