Employment Opportunity Detail
Director of Business Operations
The primary responsibility of the Director of Business Operations will be to provide leadership and oversight with the department’s budget, including planning, monitoring, reconciling, and enforcement of all related policies under the direction of the Director of Athletics for Internal Operations.
Description of Job Responsibilities
- Maintain a real-time budgetary tool, which is reflective of what has processed in the University accounting system as well as any requests / payments submitted for payment, but not yet reflected in the University system
- Oversee ticket office regarding game audits and reconciliation with campus accounting system
- Implements hiring and employee exit processes
- Approval of departmental purchase and travel requests utilizing the real-time budgetary tool, working with the staff to utilize available funds and plan for fiscal year end.
- Monthly budget reviews with coaches, department heads, sport supervisors and Athletic Director on programs
- Metrics management including: assessment of budget variances, travel reviews, and special event profit/loss margins
- Supports External Staff with game day operations
- Could include future sport supervision within the Athletics Department
- Other duties as assigned
Bachelor’s degree required, business or finance preferred; Previous experience in college athletics, preferably at the Division I level is preferred.
Interested applicants should attach a resume, cover letter, and reference list to the completed online application.
The University of Evansville expects all members of its community to treat each other with respect and civility. Harassing behaviors directed towards any member of our community will not be tolerated. As part of its commitment to non-discrimination, the University specifically prohibits harassment based on any other characteristics set forth in its nondiscrimination statement as follows: including race, color, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, creed or religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status and all federally protected groups/classes. Any form of harassment undermines the mission of the University and negatively impacts the University community as a whole.
The University of Evansville participates in the E-Verify program.
If you are interested in coming to work at the University of Evansville, fill out our online application as well as review our application procedures and benefits information below. If you wish to apply for a position in dining services, please contact Chartwells. If you wish to apply for a position in housekeeping, please contact WFF at 812-488-2045.