Employment Opportunity Detail
Major Gifts Officer
The University of Evansville is hiring a major gifts officer. This position will be responsible for furthering the advancement efforts of the university and will require a direct working relationship with the entire advancement team as well as numerous University leaders to cultivate and steward University supporters. This position will report to the senior director of major gifts and campaigns.
- Establish and maintain relationships with an active portfolio of approximately 125 – 150 individual major gift prospects.
- Plan and participate in solicitation efforts for major, planned, and/or principal gifts from alumni, parents, friends, faculty, staff, and other constituents and supporters of the university. Solicitation efforts are primarily in person through repeated contact, but may vary to include email, direct mail, social media, and phone communications. Fundraising outreach may be focused on programming, capital/comprehensive campaigns, named faculty chairs/professorships, or funds/needs within one school or department or may span multiple schools or departments.
- Cultivate donor relationships through regular communications and outreach events.
- Update, maintain, and create contact records for prospective and current donor files and share relevant information as necessary.
- Write complex proposals for solicitation of individuals to support University goals and objectives and prepare Deeds of Gift defining donors’ intentions for their gift as established.
- Regularly solicit and close gifts of $25,000 or more, encouraging multi-year commitments.
- In coordination with manager, set annual fund targets, contacts, and timelines by campaign.
- Research, compile, and provide metrics, facts, and general operations information about UE and its colleges, schools and departments to donors. Regularly collaborate with colleagues in relevant departments and schools and convey donor questions/concerns related to their willingness to contribute.
- Provide an excellent donor experience through customer service, active listening, inclusive language, and thoughtful and persuasive discussion, consistently upholding the integrity and mission of the University of Evansville.
- Assist the advancement team in facilitating events, marketing plans, communication and promotional opportunities.
- Attend departmental, college, alumni, and development functions as appropriate.
- Travel to assigned territories.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree Required.
- Fundraising experience required; higher education fundraising experience preferred
Proficient communication skills, high degree of professionalism, good time management and ability to prioritize, flexibility to work in a fast-paced environment, thorough and dependable, high level of accuracy.
The University of Evansville expects all members of its community to treat each other with respect and civility. Harassing behaviors directed towards any member of our community will not be tolerated. As part of its commitment to non-discrimination, the University specifically prohibits harassment based on any other characteristics set forth in its nondiscrimination statement as follows: including race, color, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, creed or religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status and all federally protected groups/classes. Any form of harassment undermines the mission of the University and negatively impacts the University community as a whole.
The University of Evansville participates in the E-Verify program.
If you are interested in coming to work at the University of Evansville, fill out our online application as well as review our application procedures and benefits information below. If you wish to apply for a position in dining services, please contact Chartwells. If you wish to apply for a position in housekeeping, please contact WFF at 812-488-2045.