This position is a part of the Academic Services team comprised of the Center for Academic Advising, Office of the Registrar, and Office of Retention and will report directly to the University Registrar. This team works to help support our students academically and to understand and navigate University practices and policies. Additionally, Academic Advisors work closely with academic departments and members of the faculty. Specific job responsibilities include the following:
- Provides an essential student service of academic advisement to all students by being knowledgeable of academic policies and procedures, unique to the University of Evansville and directing students to any resources needed
- Facilitates the advisement process and assists assigned students in the development of academic schedules appropriate for the stated educational goals of students utilizing the Appreciative Advising model and the MyUE student information system
- Assists Major-Discovery (undecided) students in the selection of academic majors
- Contributes to a work environment that encourages knowledge of, respect for, and development of skills to engage with students who may be at-risk for continued enrollment at UE.
- Maintains competency and professionalism through self-directed professional reading, developing professional contacts with colleagues, attending professional development courses, and attending training and/or courses required by the supervisor.
- May assist freshman students in the transition to university life by teaching or participating in appropriate courses or the student success course, DISC 110.
- Helps to administer group tutoring, academic coaching, or other academic support programs.
- Works with Office of Admissions to meet their needs for student visits.
- Contributes to the overall success of the Center for Academic Advising and the Academic Services team by performing all other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Full time, 40 hours a week, year round.
Instructions for Applying:
Submit application online at www.evansville.edu/offices/hr/employmentApp.cfm and attach resume and references.
Academic Advising or other experience working directly with students or other adult population. Bachelor’s degree required.
3 years of experience in higher education or similar field.
The University of Evansville operates under a nondiscriminatory policy with regard to race, color, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, creed or religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status and all federally protected groups/classes. Minorities and underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply.
The University of Evansville participates in the E-Verify program.