With a Tradition of Excellence since 1976, the Bachelor of Science with an Emphasis in Music Management degree is accredited by the National Association of Schools of Music (NASM). The University of Evansville is a NAMM Affiliated Music Business Institution endorsed by the National Association of Music Merchants.
Ranked nationally as a "Top 10 Music Business Department"
Schools that Rock: The Rolling Stone College Guide 2005
Enjoy varied career options in non-profit & profit sectors
- Operations and Development positions with major orchestras, opera companies and summer festivals
- Artist and Concert Management
- Retail Sales and Instrument Manufacturers
- Music Publishing, Record Labels and Distributors
- Music Technology
The University of Evansville Difference
Business Perspectives beyond the classroom
- Internships with retail, manufacturing, recording industry and arts administration throughout the U.S.
- NAMM (Global Music Products Industry) scholarships to attend the annual trade show in Anaheim, California.
- Opportunity to study abroad at Harlaxton College in England
Strong Musicianship Emphasis
- Four years of applied instrument lessons with performing faculty culminating in a solo recital senior year
- Ensemble experience each semester including Wind Ensemble/University Bands, University Symphony, University Choir/Men's and Women's Choruses and diverse opportunities such as string quartet, opera scenes, or Aces Brass Pep Band
- Comprehensive music courses in music theory, music literature, and world music
Committed Undergraduate Community
- A unique atmosphere of a small liberal arts college with recognized professional programs
- Small classes taught by distinguished faculty dedicated to the undergraduate educational experience
- Writing and communication skills emphasized as a core component of a high-quality liberal arts concentration
Flexibility of Career Direction
- Business Core also prepares graduates to work in general business or industry fields or to pursue a Master of Business Administration degree
- Music Core also prepares graduates for a graduate music degree program
- Music Management Core offers courses in Music Business Opportunities, Music Business and Technology, and Internships in profit and non-profit music sectors
- Business Core offers courses in Business Law, Management, Marketing, Accounting, Statistics, Economics, Finance, and Software Applications
- Musicianship Core offers courses in Applied Instrument Instruction, Music Theory, Music Literature, Music Ensembles, and World Music