Combines music and business studies to prepare graduates to enter arts management or the global multi-billion dollar music products industry.
Enjoy varied career options in non-profit and profit sectors:
- Operations and Development positions with major orchestras, opera companies and summer festivals
- Artist and Concert Management
- Retail Sales and Instrument Manufacturers
- Music Publishing, Record Labels and Distributors
- Music Technology
Take part in internships at a wide range professional organizations. Students have held internships with the Aspen and Eastern Music Festivals, the Evansville Philharmonic and National Symphony Orchestras, and with retailers, recording studios, and licensing organizations around the country.
With a Tradition of Excellence since 1976, the Bachelor of Science with an Emphasis in Music Management degree is accredited by the National Association of Schools of Music (NASM). The University of Evansville is a NAMM Affiliated Music Business Institution endorsed by the National Association of Music Merchants.
The University of Evansville Difference
- Internships with retail, manufacturing, recording studios and arts administration throughout the U.S.
- NAMM (Global Music Products Industry) scholarships to attend the annual trade show in Anaheim, California.
- Opportunity to study abroad at Harlaxton College in England
- Four years of applied instrument lessons with performing faculty culminating in a solo recital senior year
- Ensemble experience each semester including Wind Ensemble/University Bands, University Symphony, University Choir/Men's and Women's Choruses and diverse opportunities such as string quartet, opera scenes, Jazz Ensembles or Aces Brass Pep Band
- Comprehensive music courses in music theory, music literature, and world music
- Music management specific courses include Music Business Opportunities, Music Technology, and Internships
- A unique atmosphere of a small liberal arts college with recognized professional programs
- Small classes taught by distinguished faculty dedicated to the undergraduate educational experience
- Writing and communication skills emphasized as a core component of a high-quality liberal arts concentration
- Business Core also prepares graduates to work in general business or industry fields or to pursue a Master of Business Administration degree
- Music Core also prepares graduates for a graduate music degree program
- Music Management Core offers courses in Music Business Opportunities, Music Business and Technology, and Internships in profit and non-profit music sectors
- Business Core offers courses in Business Law, Management, Marketing, Accounting, Statistics, Economics, Finance, and Software Applications
- Musicianship Core offers courses in Applied Instrument Instruction, Music Theory, Music Literature, Music Ensembles, and World Music
Room 133, Krannert Hall of Art and Music