UE Summer Camp
6th Annual University of Evansville Wesley Shepard Summer Music Camp - 2016
Instrumental Music Camp for Band, Orchestra, Piano and Vocal Musical Theatre Students
Sunday, June 12, 2016 - Saturday, June 18, 2016
The University of Evansville Department of Music will host our music camp again this summer. This camp includes choral/musical theatre, keyboard, band and orchestra programs. Student eligible to join include students who have completed at least one school year in band, orchestra, or similar experience.
- Sunday afternoon/early evening: seating auditions and first rehearsal
- Monday-Friday: approximately 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. daily (early dropoff breakfast option available)
- Small ensembles and jazz band concert Friday night, 7:00 - 8:00 p.m.
The camp will run from Sunday, June 12, 2016, through Saturday, June 18, 2016, with day camp and overnight camp options (open registration will begin in February). Students will rehearse and perform in a band or orchestra, receive instruction in like-instrument/voice groups, learn music theory, and have a choice of music-related electives. Day camp tuition includes hot lunch each day in the Ridgway University Center, as well as recreation time using the University of Evansville’s recreation and athletic facilities (pool may be available as well). Overnight campers' tuition includes the same as what day campers receive plus six nights in the residence hall and breakfast and dinner, plus additional evening activities such as social and recreational activities and guest performances.
Some new and continuing benefits of our camp:
- Students will learn from University of Evansville faculty as well as outstanding music educators from the tri-state area.
- Expanded elective choices may include jazz band, jazz improvisation, conducting, world drumming, beginning piano, beginning voice, chamber music ensembles (electives offered based on student interest; class sizes may be limited).
- Students will learn music theory skills in small classes which will help them sight-read music more accurately and understand the language of music.
- Students will make new friends, have an enjoyable experience, and develop new skills which can give them an advantage in their music programs the next year.
- The UE Music Camp will culminate with a final performance by all the student musicians.
Band and String Audition Material
- A 1, 2, or 3 octave major scale of the student's choice.
- A short solo (can be school music, solo from solo and ensemble, or from a private teacher), no more than two minutes long.
- Sight-reading that the UE Summer Music Camp Staff will provide.
Please feel free to contact the camp director, Shawn Teichmer, at email@example.com or call 812-488-2743 (e-mail communication preferred) with any questions or comments.