Employment Opportunity Detail
Summer Camp Associate
SUMMER CAMP ASSOCIATE
The University of Evansville’s Office of Youth Programs is looking for enthusiastic individuals who have a strong compassion for working with youths K-12th grade to fill our temporary Summer Camp Associate positions for Summer 2024!
Salary and Availability:
- Pay rate is $20/hour
- Must be available Monday-Friday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- All positions will be June 10th-July 26th with mandatory staff training June 12th-14th
- Temporary housing is available for current college students working 25-30 hours per week June 10th-July 26th only. Current college students will need to provide an enrollment verification from current college/university in order to qualify for housing.
- No overtime
- Reports to Director of Youth Programs
Descriptions of Job Responsibilities:
- Supervise activity areas on a daily basis
- Greet and communicate with parents daily
- Assist in planning, facilitating, and implementing of daily activities for youths
- Assist Office of Youth Programs with daily operations of summer camps
- Maintain a clean, safe, and healthy environment for youths
- Attend mandatory staff training and staff meetings
- Adhere to UE and Office of Youth Programs policies and procedures
- Complete CPR/AED certification during first week of employment provided by UE
- Maintain confidentiality and other duties as assigned
Environment and Physical Demands:
- Must be able to stand and walk for extended periods of time
- Occasionally lift/push or pull up to 10lbs
- Noise level in the workspace may be moderate to noisy
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to ensure that individuals with disabilities can perform essential functions
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Two years’ experience working with youths K-12th grade preferred but not required
- Completed at least 30 or more college credits preferred
- Social Work, Counseling, Education, and Psychology majors are highly encouraged to apply
- Complete CPR/AED certification during first week of employment
Applications accepted until 05.28.2024
Director of Youth Programs
The University of Evansville expects all members of its community to treat each other with respect and civility. Harassing behaviors directed towards any member of our community will not be tolerated. As part of its commitment to non-discrimination, the University specifically prohibits harassment based on any other characteristics set forth in its nondiscrimination statement as follows: including race, color, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, creed or religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status and all federally protected groups/classes. Any form of harassment undermines the mission of the University and negatively impacts the University community as a whole.
The University of Evansville participates in the E-Verify program.
If you are interested in coming to work at the University of Evansville, fill out our online application as well as review our application procedures and benefits information below. If you wish to apply for a position in dining services, please contact Chartwells. If you wish to apply for a position in housekeeping, please contact WFF at 812-488-2045.