Major Gift Officer
The University of Evansville seeks an experienced development professional to join our team as a Major Gift Officer. Successful candidates will have a minimum BS degree from an accredited University, along with three years of successful experience in fundraising, sales, or a similar position with transferable skills and competencies. This is a frontline fundraising position responsible for securing gifts in the $25,000 + range from alumni and friends of the University. This position is people-intensive and requires fostering positive working relationships with the entire development and alumni relations team, the University community, as well as all constituencies. The position will report to the director of development.
- Develop and manage a robust portfolio of prospects and suspects who have the capacity to give $25,000 or more. Advance this portfolio of prospects including cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship. Leverage face-to-face meetings, phone calls, emails and other contact to build relationships and increase support from prospects and current donors.
- Raise a minimum annual goal of $500,000.
- Complete at least 120 unique personal visits per year.
- Complete a minimum of 20 major gift proposals per year.
- Develop and implement comprehensive strategies for assigned major gifts prospects.
- Assist the offices of development and alumni relations in facilitating events, marketing plans, communication and promotional opportunities.
- Prepare donor proposals and Deeds of Gifts.
- Create and file contact reports, in accordance with office policy.
- Attend departmental, college, alumni, and development functions as appropriate.
- Travel required to assigned territories to visit prospects up to four weeks per year, often in one-week intervals. Occasional nights and weekends required for meetings and special events.
- Other duties as assigned by the director of development.
Instructions for applying:
To apply for this position, please attach your cover letter and resume to the online application located at: http://www.evansville.edu/offices/hr/employmentApp.cfm
The University of Evansville operates under a nondiscriminatory policy with regard to race, color, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, creed or religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status and all federally protected groups/classes. Minorities and underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply.
The University of Evansville participates in the E-Verify program.