Payroll and Human Resources Assistant
The Office of Human Resources has a full-time opening for a Payroll and Human Resources Assistant. This position enters data for new hires, terminations, leave requests, and benefit changes and serves as back-up to the Payroll Specialist. The position also provides clerical support to the Human Resources Coordinator and Executive Director of Human Resources, including serving as the initial contact for all employees, applicants, and others who call or visit the Office of Human Resources.
- Data entry for new hires, terminations, etc. into payroll system.
- Work closely with Payroll Specialist (back up for payroll processing and assist with review of bi-weekly payroll).
- Administer online benefits enrollment process (set up new deductions/rates in payroll system, set up and close each enrollment period, ensure enrollment data is entered properly entered/transferred to payroll system and external vendors).
- Reconcile benefit deduction general ledger accounts to external vendor billing quarterly, identify and work with vendor to resolve discrepancies
- Process billing for retiree health insurance premiums.
- Enter vacation and sick time requests.
- FMLA tracking.
- Manage the front office of the Human Resources department (receive visitors, answer phone, order office supplies, file, complete and submit employment verifications, reconcile department credit card, etc.).
- Supervise departmental student workers.
Qualifications for this position include high school diploma or equivalent (Associate degree in a related field strongly preferred); 2+ years in a Payroll/HR-related background preferred;
data entry experience; proficient with payroll systems; excellent attention to detail; ability to consistently follow instructions; confidential, trustworthy, sensitivity, and tact; ability to multi-task and prioritize; strong interpersonal skills; and proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
To apply for this position, please attach your resume and cover letter to the UE online application located at: http://www.evansville/edu/offices/hr/employmentApp.cfm.
The University of Evansville operates under a nondiscriminatory policy with regard to race, color, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, creed or religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status and all federally protected groups/classes. Minorities and underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply.
The University of Evansville participates in the E-Verify program.