Associate Professor and Program Director of Psychology
At the request of the administration the department is creating a new doctoral degree in clinical psychology. This position is to be the founding director of the program, responsible for establishing an accreditable program, helping recruit faculty to staff the program, and developing plans for student recruitment as well.
The University of Evansville is developing a Clinical PsyD program and is seeking an experienced leader to spearhead this effort. The Associate Professor & Program Director position is 12-month full-time, tenure-track with a competitive salary. This individual will lead the creation of the program, including primary responsibility for all preliminary accreditation self-studies. As such, prior experience as a program director or director of clinical training is preferred. Candidates with expertise in all areas of clinical psychology will be considered. Applicants with a strong track record of research productivity, teaching at the doctoral level, accreditation management, and clinical training experience are sought. Applications for the position received before June 15th will receive priority consideration. The position will start in Fall 2021 or when filled.
Responsibilities and expectations include:
- Teach graduate and undergraduate courses, including clinical supervision
- Develop and maintain a program of research, mentoring students in that research
- Serve as Program Director of the Clinical PsyD program for a minimum of three years with the option to renew
- Work with existing faculty to develop an APA-accreditable PsyD program and curriculum
- Develop community clinical training placement agreements and policies
- Perform administrative duties including guiding accreditation self-studies, recruiting faculty (full-time and adjunct), and monitoring clinical supervisor staffing.
Interested applicants should submit online application to https://www.evansville.edu/offices/hr/employmentApp.cfm and send cv, transcripts, a letter of teaching and research focus, and three letters of recommendation to Dr. Elizabeth Hennon firstname.lastname@example.org, Chair, Department of Psychology, University of Evansville, 1800 Lincoln Ave, Evansville, IN 47722.
The University of Evansville operates under a nondiscriminatory policy with regard to race, color, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, creed or religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status and all federally protected groups/classes. Minorities and underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply.
The University of Evansville participates in the E-Verify program.