Senior Academic Advisor
This position supports the mission of the office of Academic Services and the University of Evansville by working directly with the student population and is an avid learner, highly organized, willing to work in a constantly changing and busy environment and has excellent customer service skills.
- Providing academic advising for undeclared students
- Advising students across all majors in academic distress
- Supporting and developing peer tutoring, peer coaching and peer advising programs
- Developing and delivering on campus programming for student success skills
- Actively engaging students and faculty during advising week
- Developing and supporting summer orientation programming
- Supporting students in Academic Restoration and SAP programming
- Coordinating Academic Advising team
- Working with the Manager of Retention on student outreach
- Supporting recruitment efforts for on campus visit days
- Interpreting academic policies and recommend best steps as related to academic advising
Master’s Degree required with one to three years advising experience preferred.
To apply, complete the online application at http://www.evansville.edu/offices/hr/employmentApp.cfm for employment and attach a cover letter and resume.
The University of Evansville operates under a nondiscriminatory policy with regard to race, color, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, creed or religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status and all federally protected groups/classes. Minorities and underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply.
The University of Evansville participates in the E-Verify program.