Powell Residence Hall
Located on the southeast corner of the UE campus, Powell Residence Hall is home to UE's Honors housing, with up to 96 co-ed students living there.
History: Powell Residence Hall opened in 1993, and is named for Life Trustee Mary Kuehn Powell.
Distinctive Community Themes: Powell Hall is home to UE’s Honors housing for students who are academically-driven and focused on their studies.
Features: Powell offers students a full kitchen and laundry on the lower residential hallway. The lobby provides a hall office, mailboxes, and lounge seating with a TV and a studio piano. Corner lounges on each residential floor offer social and study space (includes the Honors Lounge and a game room). This building is equipped with an elevator.
- Each floor has a male or female designation.
- Address: 501 S. Weinbach Ave.
- Room dimensions: 11’x17’ (some variation)
- Bathroom facilities:
- Basement: One large bathroom per 18 residents
- All other Floors: One large bathroom per 27 residents
- Laundry facilities: 5 washers, 6 dryers
- Air conditioning: Yes
- Carpeting: Yes
- Furniture: Furniture includes two beds, two wardrobes, four stackable dresser units, two desks with lighted carrels, and two Trey desk chairs. The furniture is movable and can be arranged to preference.
- Lofts: All beds designed to be lofted as an option. All lofting equipment is located within student rooms. Rented, purchased, or personally constructed lofts not allowed.
- Smoking: All residential buildings are tobacco-free (smoking and vaping prohibited).
- Fire suppression: Sprinkler system for student rooms and common areas
Accessibility in Powell
- Accessible parking spaces in the adjacent Powell parking lot
- Main entrances are accessible at ground level
- Residential floors and common areas accessible by elevator
- Residential rooms are accessible throughout building
- Accessible Bathrooms
- Room number signs throughout the hall and elevator buttons have braille
- See photos in Residence Hall Accessibility Features