Moore Residence Hall
Located along Rotherwood Avenue on the campus's west end, Moore Residence Hall is a co-ed residence hall housing up to 240 students.
History: The hall opened in 1960 as a gift of the Indiana Conference of The United Methodist Church and was renovated in the summer of 2008.
Distinctive Community Themes: Live here and benefit from a warm and inclusive community! There is plenty of common space to hang out, study, and socialize.
Features: Moore Residence Hall features a game room with billiards, table tennis, and darts; a kitchen, and café seating across from the kitchen. Other features include a formal study and piano room, computer lab, and study/meeting rooms.
- Lower Level – A small number of suites (double and quad occupancy)
- First Floor – Coed by wing or hallway section
- Second Floor – Coed by wing or hallway section
- Address: 400 S. Rotherwood Ave.
- Room dimensions: 13'x14 2 ½' (some variation)
- Study facilities: Formal study and piano room, two study rooms, and one computer lounge
- Bathroom facilities: One large bathroom on each wing or section per 18-25 residents
- Laundry facilities: 10 washers, 10 dryers
- Guest rooms: Three available
- Air conditioning: Yes
- Carpeting: Yes
- Furniture: Furniture includes two beds, two mirrored wardrobes, four stackable dresser units, two desks with lighted carrels, and two Trey desk chairs. The furniture is movable and can be arranged to preference.
- Lofts: All beds designed to be lofted as an option. All lofting equipment is located within student rooms. Rented, purchased, or personally constructed lofts not allowed.
- Smoking: All residential buildings are tobacco-free (smoking and vaping prohibited).
- Fire suppression: Sprinkler system for student rooms and common areas
Accessibility in Moore
- Accessible parking spaces in the commuter lot
- Main interior campus entrance accessible by ramp
- Only first floor common areas are accessible including the lobby, mail center, and the hall office computer
- An accessible first floor residential floor includes:
- Room number signs throughout the hall have braille
- See photos in Residence Hall Accessibility Features