"The University of Evansville boasts one of the few undergraduate opera theater programs in the nation. With two mainstage productions per year, UE Opera is an arts destination in our community."
— Dr. Alanna Keenan, Director of Opera
The UE Opera (UEO) provides theatrical performing opportunities for music and non-music majors alike. All productions are fully staged with lights, costumes and sets. Fall Semester activities are usually focused on a performance of scenes or one-act pieces organized around a theme. Spring Semester features performance of a complete opera. Recent additions to our students' experience have been productions in foreign language, the addition of instrumental accompaniment, off-campus tours and children's productions, and presentations on the stage of the Victory Theatre in Evansville.
Recent UEO productions include:
- 2013 – The Magic Flute by W. A. Mozart
- 2012 – Trial by Jury by Gilbert and Sullivan
- 2012 - Die Fledermaus by Johann Strauss
- 2011 - La Bohème by Giacomo Puccini
- 2010 - Cosi fan tutte by W.A. Mozart
- 2009 - Hansel and Gretel by Engelbert Humperdinck
- 2008 - Suor Angelica and Gianni Schicchi by Giacomo Puccini
- 2007 - Four American One Act Operas
- 2007 - The Marriage of Figaro by W.A. Mozart
- 2006 - Amahl and the Night Visitors by Gian Carlo Menotti
- 2006 - Tartuffe by Kirke Mechem
UE Opera is supported by generous grants from organizations including ALCOA, the William E. Schmidt Foundation, and the Friends of UE Music.