The University of Evansville Office of Fiscal Affairs has an opening for a University Controller. This position has the overall responsibility for the accounting, accounts payable, and payroll functions of the University. This position is responsible for the preparation of financial statements and accompanying reporting in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles issued by the Financial Accounting Standards Board.
Other duties include:
- Monitoring and ensuring compliance with regulations issued by other regulatory agencies including the Internal Revenue Service, Department of Education, and other governmental agencies providing grant funds to the University.
- Administrator of gift accounting, including monitoring the use of gifts, grants, and other restricted funds for their intended purpose.
- Oversight of endowment accounting, including monitoring endowment earnings and administering endowment withdrawals in accordance with University spending policy.
- Oversight of internal controls and processes of the University impacting financial resources.
- Assist the Vice President of Fiscal Affairs and Administration with the Bookstore outsourcing transition.
- Other duties as assigned.
This position reports directly to the Vice President for Fiscal Affairs and Administration and assists the Vice President of Fiscal Affairs and Administration with annual budgeting, financial modeling, and debt management. The controller will work closely with the Director of Student Financial Services on system and process issues with respect to student billing and cashiering functions.
In the absence of the Vice President of Fiscal Affairs and Administration, the Controller will assume administrative oversight as needed of the Facilities Department, Office of Technology Services, Human Resources, Administrative Services, and Dining Services.
Bachelor degree in Accounting or Finance and a CPA with three to five years in accounting/finance supervisor position required. Experience in higher education preferred.
To apply for the position, attach your resume and cover letter to the UE online application located at http://www.evansville.edu/offices/hr/employmentApp.cfm. Please include three professional references.
The University of Evansville operates under a nondiscriminatory policy with regard to race, color, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, creed or religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status and all federally protected groups/classes. Minorities and underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply.
The University of Evansville participates in the E-Verify program.