Athletic Training Intern for Volleyball
The University of Evansville Department of Athletics invites applications for an Athletic Training Internship. Primary assignment will be with Volleyball with secondary sports assignments to be determined. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, injury prevention, evaluation, management, and treatment of athletic injuries; rehabilitation of athletic injuries; education and counseling of student-athletes, and athletics-related health care administration in coordination with the sports medicine team.
This position starts July 26, 2021 and ends on May 31, 2022.
Athletic Training responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Prevention of athletic injuries and illness
- Evaluation, Treatment, and Rehabilitation of athletic injuries.
- Work with Sports Medicine team to design and implement prevention and rehab programs
- Providing counseling and education to Student-Athletes.
- Communicate with Student-Athletes, physicians, coaching staff, and when required, parents regarding the injury status of Student-Athletes.
- Administrative aspect of athletic training: electronic documentation, insurance processing
- Assist with coordination and scheduling of medical coverage for home and away competitions.
- Record keeping and documentation including insurance processing.
- Work with doctors and other allied health professionals to deliver health care to student-athletes.
- Will serve as a clinical preceptor for Athletic Training Education program
- Master's Degree preferred
- BOC Certified
- Indiana Licensure or eligible/pending
- Willingness to teach and interact with Athletic Training Students
- Provide leadership to student athletes regarding Athletic Training issues
- Excellent verbal and writing communication skills are essential
- Able to perform the physical requirements of lifting and carrying objects
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including evenings, weekends, and holidays
Additional Qualifying Factors
- Ability to pass a background screening check
To apply for this position, go to www.evansville.edu/offices/hr/employmentApp.cfm. Please attach your cover letter, resume, and three references.
The University of Evansville operates under a nondiscriminatory policy with regard to race, color, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, creed or religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status and all federally protected groups/classes. Minorities and underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply.
The University of Evansville participates in the E-Verify program.