Employment Opportunity Detail
Executive Administrator for the Office of the President
This institutionally significant position is responsible for execution of high level, proficient, and diverse executive support for the President of the University of Evansville. The successful candidate will have primary responsibility for management of the Office of the President, including collaboration and execution of institutional priorities, strategic calendar management focused on the achievement of presidential and institutional goals and objectives, and serving as primary liaison with internal and external constituencies. Fundamental to achievement of these goals and objectives, this position also serves as the liaison to the Board of Trustees and is responsible for Board-related operational and logistical details, including facilitating meetings of the Executive Committee, Committee on Trustees, and Board of Trustees. Collaborative responsibilities include representing the Office of the President through membership on key internal administrative committees, task groups, and in campus-wide event planning.
Minimum requirements for the position include a bachelor’s degree (master’s degree preferred) and 3 years of relevant experience or significant work experience that demonstrates proficiency in the requirements of the position. A demonstrated understanding of the fundamentals of confidentiality, discretion, and integrity along with exceptional interpersonal and communication skills are required. Knowledge of higher education is beneficial but not required. The successful candidate will have the capacity to perform with a high level of professionalism and competence in a fast-paced environment and the ability to manage multiple priorities while remaining continually flexible and resourceful. A forward-looking, creative, and collaborative approach to ongoing and emerging issues is imperative. This position reports directly to the President and works closely with the Board of Trustees, the senior leadership team, and key internal and external constituents.
To apply for the position, attach your resume and cover letter to the UE online application located at http://www.evansville.edu/offices/hr/employmentApp.cfm.
Please include three professional references.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide high level, proficient, and diverse executive support for the President of the University of Evansville
- Assume primary responsibility for management of the Office of the President, including collaboration and execution of institutional priorities and strategic calendar management through focused and intentional assessment of institutional and presidential priorities
- Employ creative and forward-looking critical thinking skills with a positive collaborative approach to ongoing and emerging issues
- Manage strategic coordination of travel in conversation with the President, University Advancement, and other offices as appropriate
- Organize and manage the office in a manner that achieves university and presidential objectives with delegation of tasks and responsibilities as appropriate to administrative assistant
- Serve as the administrative point of contact for community, state, regional, and national presidential board-related commitments
- Schedule and manage logistical details for off-site senior administrative planning events/offsite retreats in collaboration with the President
- Maintain a system for anticipating key institutional dates, projects, initiatives, and deadlines
- Serve as the liaison to the Board of Trustees with responsibility for Board-related operational and logistical details, including facilitating meetings/corporate minutes of the Executive Committee, Committee on Trustees, and Board of Trustees and administration of Board portal, AGB OnBoard
- Represent the Office of the President through membership on key internal administrative committees, task groups, and in campus-wide event planning
- Oversee administrative operations of the Office of the President, including but not limited to President's Office budgets, direct-report supervision, institutional process changes and updates, collaboration with senior leadership team and key internal and external constituencies, and administrative point of contact for important institutional contacts, such as Trustees, educational consortiums, external boards, and legal counsel.
The University of Evansville expects all members of its community to treat each other with respect and civility. Harassing behaviors directed towards any member of our community will not be tolerated. As part of its commitment to non-discrimination, the University specifically prohibits harassment based on any other characteristics set forth in its nondiscrimination statement as follows: including race, color, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, creed or religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status and all federally protected groups/classes. Any form of harassment undermines the mission of the University and negatively impacts the University community as a whole.
The University of Evansville participates in the E-Verify program.
If you are interested in coming to work at the University of Evansville, fill out our online application as well as review our application procedures and benefits information below. If you wish to apply for a position in dining services, please contact Chartwells. If you wish to apply for a position in housekeeping, please contact WFF at 812-488-2045.
Room 118, Olmsted Administration Hall