Employment Opportunity Detail
Coordinator of Employer Relations
The Center for Career Development (CCD) Coordinator of Employer Relations is primarily responsible for facilitating communication, programming, and technology connections associated with career fair events, information forums, and other special events to promote student, alumni, and employer connections in Indiana and surrounding regions. Reporting to the Director of the Center for Career Development, the coordinator will actively engage with any and all of the collaborative partners and constituents of CCD and provide significant technical support of Web-based data systems, Web sites, and other information sources. This contractual position is part-time (up to 20 hours per week, 9/10 months per year) and can be a hybrid remote employment option.
The ultimate objectives of the position are to:
- Increase the collaboration between all local institutions of higher education, their alumni, and employers in promoting employment, internship, and education opportunities for their students and graduates, primarily in Indiana and the surrounding region to foster fair and equitable access to employment
- Expand connections for UE students with Indiana and regional employers, alumni, and higher education institutions especially in the area of arts and sciences
- Establish technology-based mechanisms to create/improve communication links with alumni, employers, and students, increasing the utilization of Handshake by all parties
- Support staff in the planning, management, and delivery of the four existing career fairs: Business, Engineering, and Technology Fair, Health Careers Fair, Career Day, and Teacher Recruitment Fair
- Explore and potentially establish/re-institute fall/spring part-time job fairs, fall graduate school forum-fair and a spring internship fair
- Coordinate with the staffs of CCD and Alumni Engagement in the management and expansion of the Career Forums concept to include all academic areas with a specific focus in the College of Arts and Science and employment/graduate school in Indiana and the Evansville region
- Provide collaborative support and coordination of the many programming activities already in existence including the Alumni Mentoring Program, Gregory S. Fehribach Center Internship Program, Diversity Scholars, Lilly Grant Summer Camp Initiatives and to include CCCC external Career Fairs in Indiana
- Interact with CCD, Alumni Engagement, and other collaborative partners in seeking new opportunities to connect alumni and employers in Indiana with UE students and graduates in promoting local, regional, and state employment along with graduate and professional post-graduate options
- Assist and facilitate the expansion and utilization of assessment processes and data to track and analyze program effectiveness and promote a continuous improvement approach to CCD operations; this includes the current Senior Experiential Education Survey and the University’s annual graduation outcomes survey process
- Coordinate with Director and staff in the completion of the tasks associated with daily operations, special projects, Web site, technology, and other duties as assigned
Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree required, Master's Degree preferred, preferably in higher education, college student personnel, counseling, or related field. Professional experience in a Career Services setting, knowledge of regional and national career trends, and ability to manage multiple priorities and constituencies is essential. Superior communication and advising skills, along with knowledge of Web-based programs are crucial in this generalist and team-centered environment. Candidates should possess excellent communication and organizational skills, be flexible, creative, and have a good sense of humor. Familiarity with the University of Evansville, Handshake, and computer systems is a definite plus.
Minimum Experience: Proven background in events planning, demonstrated understanding of Career Development functions in a higher education setting, experience with Web-based career information delivery systems, understanding of UE culture, and experience with building relationships with alumni, faculty, students, and employers.
The University of Evansville expects all members of its community to treat each other with respect and civility. Harassing behaviors directed towards any member of our community will not be tolerated. As part of its commitment to non-discrimination, the University specifically prohibits harassment based on any other characteristics set forth in its nondiscrimination statement as follows: including race, color, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, creed or religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status and all federally protected groups/classes. Any form of harassment undermines the mission of the University and negatively impacts the University community as a whole.
The University of Evansville participates in the E-Verify program.
If you are interested in coming to work at the University of Evansville, fill out our online application as well as review our application procedures and benefits information below. If you wish to apply for a position in dining services, please contact Chartwells. If you wish to apply for a position in housekeeping, please contact WFF at 812-488-2045.