Employment Opportunity Detail
The Facilities Management and Planning department is recruiting to fill a full-time Locksmith/Maintenance Technician. The major purpose of this job is to maintain and repair locks, door closers, and associated door hardware; install locksets in order to maintain security; inspect, clean, adjust and lubricate parts and mechanisms; repair or replace worn or damaged devices and door hardware to maintain properly working locking systems. Oversee, create master key matrix, key control, and overall security of the hard key system. Evaluate locations for keyless lock systems, recommend installations, install, and maintain overall system. The incumbent will also perform general carpentry work: construction, repair and maintenance of walls, ceilings, floors, doors, windows, roofs ad building structural elements.
This full-time position is typically scheduled Monday-Friday from 7am-4pm with occasional overtime and weekend emergency/standby responsibilities
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Repair, replace, and install doors, hardware, and locks at all University of Evansville locations.
- Provide recommendations for lock and hardware strategies to project managers, University of Evansville Public Safety Department, and members of the campus community.
- Coordinate work orders with contractors
- Procurement of locks, doors, and hardware.
- Design key system hierarchy for campus keyway systems and ensures future installation projects are implemented within this system including responsibility for master key system at the commercial and state institutional level.
- Maintain accurate database for hardware, locks, keys, and doors.
- Work with suppliers and manufacturers for technical support, warranty issues, and training of staff.
- Ensure ADA and Indiana Building Code compliance with hardware, locks and doors.
- Assist maintenance technicians with event setup, roof leaks, window leaks, door maintenance and other light carpentry assignments.
- Work from aerial lift and elevated platforms of up to 65 feet.
- Ability to practice personal safety and vigilance in the identification of safety or security hazards to actively support and enforce a safe and hazard free working environment.
- Promote and adhere to all recognized safety practices and standards.
- Provide service excellence through courteous, informed, accessible, and professional engagement.
- Assist other trades as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Communication - able to effectively communicate in a professional, diplomatic, empathetic, and tactful manner using preferred method and level as applicable to the job.
- Team Orientation & Interpersonal - highly motivated team player with ability to develop and maintain collaborative relationships with all levels within and external to the organization.
- Results Orientation - proven ability to set and exceed established targets.
- Ability to work in a diverse environment.
- Organization & Time Management - able to plan, schedule, organize, and follow up on tasks related to the job to achieve goals within or ahead of established time frames.
- Adaptability to Change - able to be flexible and supportive, react swiftly to and able to assimilate change positively and proactively in rapid growth environment.
- Relationship Management - able to personally provide high level of interactive service to others, building relationships and addressing identified needs.
- Systems & Software - proficient knowledge of computer skills and software applications needed to successfully perform job.
- Ethics - able to demonstrate integrity, professionalism, civility, and a high degree of ethics in all job-related actions.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, customer-service oriented collaborative team environment.
- Provide and ensure excellent customer service response to facilities issues as they arise on campus.
- Communicate regularly, courteously, and professionally utilizing interpersonal skills to maintain effective relationships with other department staff, faculty, students and public.
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential data.
- High School diploma or equivalent or any combination of education, training or experience that provides the knowledge, skills and abilities required for this position.
- Proficient, intermediate level in the use of personal computers and software programs such as Microsoft Office suite programs (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Strong interpersonal, communication and relationship building. Demonstrated ability to promote cooperation, trust, high quality workmanship and customer service in a service-oriented, multi-trade environment.
- Possess a valid driver's license and driving record to become/remain certified to operate vehicles and equipment.
Physical Requirements: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The job requires working with and around hazardous building materials containing asbestos and solvents; frequent lifting, climbing, moving, and installing of heavy objects, many in awkward or high locations; and exposure to hot and cold temperatures when working outside. Frequent talking, seeing, and hearing. Repetitive motion of wrists, hands, and fingers. Frequent walking, standing, bending, twisting. Frequent climbing stairs, lifting up to 50 pounds. Able to operate a motorized vehicle.
The University of Evansville expects all members of its community to treat each other with respect and civility. Harassing behaviors directed towards any member of our community will not be tolerated. As part of its commitment to non-discrimination, the University specifically prohibits harassment based on any other characteristics set forth in its nondiscrimination statement as follows: including race, color, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, creed or religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status and all federally protected groups/classes. Any form of harassment undermines the mission of the University and negatively impacts the University community as a whole.
The University of Evansville participates in the E-Verify program.
If you are interested in coming to work at the University of Evansville, fill out our online application as well as review our application procedures and benefits information below. If you wish to apply for a position in dining services, please contact Chartwells. If you wish to apply for a position in housekeeping, please contact WFF at 812-488-2045.