Employment Opportunity Detail
Athletics Annual Giving Officer
This position would be responsible for athletics leadership annual giving fundraising in addition to annual fundraising for athletics that would include both unrestricted and sport-specific fundraising designations. This position would be responsible for planning, execution, and day-to-day management of athletic annual giving campaigns. This position would be expected to generate $400,000 in annual new revenue.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Oversee and execute comprehensive annual giving programs for athletics that involve identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of athletic annual gifts from alumni, faculty, staff and administration, parents, and friends.
- Work closely with sr. director of alumni and engagement, athletics staff and administration, and athletics major gift officer with the goal of increasing dollars raised and the number of donors in the Purple Aces Club.
- Increase the visibility of the Purple Aces Club and cultivate a strong pipeline of support for the university.
- Develop and advance a robust portfolio of athletics prospects. Leverage face-to-face meetings, phone calls, emails, and other contact to build relationships and increase support from prospects and current donors.
- Coordinate campaigns and communications with the alumni directors, leadership annual giving officer, and communications coordinator to help maintain cohesion and messaging to constituents throughout the year.
- Work closely with the sr. director of alumni and engagement to drive participation and retention statistics for donors at all levels of support.
- Devise innovative opportunities for engaging donors and prospects; develop creative pathways for transitioning from annual to leadership giving, and strategies to identify prospective donors to become leadership donors.
- Utilize CRM to enter notes and update giving bio, while maintaining strict confidentiality, as well as tracking metrics for strategic fundraising purposes.
- Attend and interact with donors and prospective donors at Purple Aces Club events and athletic competitions.
- Qualify donors for the major gifts team, discover new opportunities for capital projects, endowed, scholarships and planned gifts.
- Assist and attend alumni and development events as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the sr. director of alumni and engagement.
The University of Evansville expects all members of its community to treat each other with respect and civility. Harassing behaviors directed towards any member of our community will not be tolerated. As part of its commitment to non-discrimination, the University specifically prohibits harassment based on any other characteristics set forth in its nondiscrimination statement as follows: including race, color, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, creed or religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status and all federally protected groups/classes. Any form of harassment undermines the mission of the University and negatively impacts the University community as a whole.
The University of Evansville participates in the E-Verify program.
If you are interested in coming to work at the University of Evansville, fill out our online application as well as review our application procedures and benefits information below. If you wish to apply for a position in dining services, please contact Chartwells. If you wish to apply for a position in housekeeping, please contact WFF at 812-488-2045.
Room 118, Olmsted Administration Hall