Residential Maintenance Technician
- Maintenance of HVAC, electrical, mechanical, plumbing equipment and systems
- Maintenance of environmental conditions (temperature, humidity, etc.) within assigned parameters using local direct and remote computerized control systems
- Maintenance and repair of internal and external structural components (non-housekeeping)
- Maintenance and repair of miscellaneous capital equipment and furniture
- Maintenance and repair of specialized installed equipment
- Able to climb several flights of stairs several times a day to perform tasks
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment when preparing rooms for student changeover
- Other duties as assigned
Position requirements include:
- Working knowledge of electrical, mechanical, plumbing, HVAC and carpentry trades
- Working knowledge of tools of electrical, mechanical, plumbing, HVAC and carpentry trades
- Knowledge of computerized and local direct environmental controls
- Working knowledge of structural component maintenance and repair practices
- No restrictions on mobility and able to lift loads of 20 to 50 pounds frequently
- Valid driver’s license
Regular work hours are Monday through Friday, 7:00am to 3:30pm. Occasional after-hours or overtime may be required to complete work orders or due to emergency calls.
Desired Experience 3-5 Years
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Please go to the online application located at http://www.evansville.edu/offices/hr/employmentApp.cfm
The University of Evansville operates under a nondiscriminatory policy with regard to race, color, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, creed or religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status and all federally protected groups/classes. Minorities and underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply.
The University of Evansville participates in the E-Verify program.