Administrative Assistant for the School of Engineering and Computer Science
The School of Engineering and Computer Science (SECS) is seeking applications for the Administrative Assistant position to start in January 3, 2022. This role provides administrative support to the faculty, staff, and students in SECS. The administrative assistant reports to the Associate Dean of the School of Engineering and Computer Science. The administrative assistant provides a full range of general administrative support duties. The position is full-time benefits, including tuition remission for dependents at the University of Evansville. The work can be done part time in the summer months if needed.
- Serve as the first contact for students, faculty, staff, and visitors of SECS.
- Handle phone, email, and postal mail inquiries and respond appropriately.
- Coordinate and manage special projects, including working collaboratively with faculty and staff to assure projects meet deadlines.
- Provide budget management support through purchasing, record keeping, and reconciliation.
- Assist faculty, staff, and students in making travel arrangements.
- Monitor office supplies and reorder them as necessary.
- Support the operation and overall mission of SECS.
- This list is not exhaustive, and other duties may be assigned.
- Minimum of high school diploma or GED. College degree is preferred.
- Computer literacy in the areas of word processing, and databases.
- Must enjoy a high volume of student contact.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required.
- Exemplary planning and time management skills to complete a high volume of varied responsibilities with excellent attention to detail is required.
- Ability to proficiently demonstrate discretion, diplomacy, and confidentiality when appropriate is required.
- Strategic problem-solving ability with a positive can-do attitude is required.
- Ability to work independently and as a team is required.
- Ability to plan, organize and implement projects and events is required.
The applicant must complete the on-line application available in the HR website https://www.evansville.edu/offices/hr/employment-application-form.cfm. Please upload a letter of interest, resume, and contact information of three references in a single pdf (one complete application package) in the “Upload Additional Materials” section. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled; however, priority will be given to applications received by November 15.
The University of Evansville operates under a nondiscriminatory policy with regard to race, color, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, creed or religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status and all federally protected groups/classes. Minorities and underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply.
The University of Evansville participates in the E-Verify program.