2020-21 Financial Aid and Tuition
In both the 3+3 and the 4+3 models UE students entering the graduate-level DPT program in the 2020-21 academic year will continue to receive their primary UE merit-based scholarship (year-4 value) through their graduate program, as long as all renewal criteria are met.
UE students who do not immediately progress into the graduate portion of the DPT program following completion of their undergraduate degree will be awarded as a second degree-seeking student.
Students who have completed a bachelor's degree at another university and are admitted into the graduate level of the DPT program in 2020-21 will receive a UE Merit Scholarship worth $10,000 annually. The award will be available for up to three academic years. One half of the annual award ($5,000) will be applied each fall and spring semester. This scholarship also applies to UE students who do not immediately progress into the graduate portion of the DPT program following completion of their undergraduate degree.
To establish eligibility for federal loans, students should submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
Students with a bachelor’s degree may borrow at the graduate level in the Federal Direct Unsubsidized Loan and Grad PLUS Loan programs. View more financial aid information.
Tuition and Costs
Scholarships and aid eligibility from the FAFSA are applied toward your educational costs for the academic year. We encourage you to utilize our Cost Calculator for estimating your net cost for directly-billed charges for fall and spring semesters. In addition, students should plan for program costs as shown below. For further assistance, please contact the Office of Student Financial Services at 812-488-2364 or 800-488-8634.
- Textbooks cost approximately $600 per semester.
- DPT Program lab fees average $300 annually.
- DPT students should anticipate additional costs associated with completion of clinical courses. An annual estimated cost for a TB test, flu shot, drug screen, criminal background check, CPR certification, and immunizations is approximately $300. American Physical Therapy Association membership is required for completion of clinical courses by some national corporations. Costs vary and are subject to changes. These costs do not include transportation and accommodations for clinical courses.
- Health insurance is required for DPT students.
- Summer courses are charged per credit hour. The cost per credit hour for summer 2020 is $595 plus registration ($50) and technology fees ($35) per session. Since scholarships do not apply to summer coursework, federal loan eligibility can be utilized.