Tuition and Financial Aid
Tuition and Costs
- Tuition and University fees for the 2018-19 academic year: $36,416.
- On-campus room and board is approximately $12,460 depending on the choice of housing and meal plan.
- Summer courses are charged per credit hour. The cost per credit hour for summer 2018 is $540 plus registration ($50) and technology fees ($35) per session.
- Textbooks cost approximately $600.00 per semester.
- DPT Program lab fee is $150-$300 annually.
- DPT students should anticipate additional costs associated with completion of clinical courses. Based on the 2017-2018 academic year, an annual estimated cost for a TB test, flu shot, drug screen, criminal background check, CPR certification, polo shirt and immunizations is $250-$300. American Physical Therapy Association membership is required for completion of clinical courses by some national corporations. Costs vary and are subject to changes. These costs do not include transportation and accommodations for clinical courses.
- DPT students must have health insurance.
Financial Aid for Doctor of Physical Therapy Students
UE Students in both the 3+3 and the 4+3 models will receive their primary UE merit-based scholarship throughout undergraduate and graduate studies, as long as all renewal criteria are met. View full financial aid policy for UE Pre-Physical Therapy and/or Doctor of Physical Therapy students.
Second-degree-seeking students are students who have completed a bachelor's degree at another university, but plan to pursue the professional Doctor of Physical Therapy (DPT) degree at UE. If selected for admission into the DPT program, these students will be considered for a UE Academic Scholarship currently worth $10,000 per year when they enroll in the program. Students with a bachelor’s degree may borrow at the graduate level in the Federal Direct Unsubsidized Loan and Grad PLUS Loan programs. This financial aid information also applies to students who earned a BS degree from UE but did not immediately continue in the DPT program. View more financial aid information.
To establish eligibility for federal loans, students should submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). For further assistance, call the Office of Financial Aid at 812-488-2364 or 800-488-8634.
Financial Aid for Physical Therapist Assistant Students
PTA students are eligible to be considered for all types of financial aid (merit-based and need-based scholarships, grants, and loans) provided they are enrolled full-time and do not already possess a bachelor's degree. Students who wish to borrow from the Federal Direct Loan Program have annual loan limits as first- and second-year undergraduates while pursing the PTA degree. The 2018-19 part-time rate for fall/spring semesters is $990 per credit hour + fees. To maximize financial aid eligibility, students should submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). For more information, call the Office of Financial Aid at 812-488-2364 or 800-488-9634.