Employment Opportunity Detail
Administrative Assistant for the Department of Mathematics
The primary responsibility of the administrative assistant is to provide year-round support for the department chair, faculty, and students in the Department of Mathematics, and for the Departments of Biology, Chemistry, and Physics in the summer months. In addition, the position assists the Associate Provost, who is also a member of the Mathematics Department.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Provide budget management support through purchasing, budget transfers, internal reimbursements and PCard (university credit card) reconciliation
- Process paperwork such as purchase orders, internal charge authorizations, check and petty cash requests, receipt and payment of invoices, room reservations, meeting minutes, interlibrary loan, etc.
- Schedule meetings, appointments, and review sessions
- Coordinate and manage special events (Math Banquet, Summer Camp)
- Assist with recruitment of math, actuarial science, and Statistics and Data Science majors
- Assist the Associate Provost with clerical support and support for special projects
- Monitor and order office supplies
- Request desk copies of textbooks from publishers
- Schedule and proctor exams
- Assist faculty with trip arrangements and reservation.
- Provide visitor assistance
- Respond to external inquiries or direct to the appropriate faculty member or university office.
- Handle tutor requests from outside the University
- Coordinate employment and scheduling of tutors for the Math Tutor Lab each semester
- Submit maintenance requests for office repairs
- Submit requests for computer-related issues to the Office of Technology Services
Qualifications include: Facility with Microsoft Excel and overall computer literacy desired. Applicant should be comfortable using web-based applications. Good interpersonal and communication skills and organization abilities are essential. Must enjoy working with young people.
To apply, complete the online application at http://www.evansville.edu/offices/hr/employmentApp.cfm and attach a cover letter and resume.
The University of Evansville expects all members of its community to treat each other with respect and civility. Harassing behaviors directed towards any member of our community will not be tolerated. As part of its commitment to non-discrimination, the University specifically prohibits harassment based on any other characteristics set forth in its nondiscrimination statement as follows: including race, color, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, creed or religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status and all federally protected groups/classes. Any form of harassment undermines the mission of the University and negatively impacts the University community as a whole.
The University of Evansville participates in the E-Verify program.
If you are interested in coming to work at the University of Evansville, fill out our online application as well as review our application procedures and benefits information below. If you wish to apply for a position in dining services, please contact Chartwells. If you wish to apply for a position in housekeeping, please contact WFF at 812-488-2045.