Employment Opportunity Detail
The Facilities Management and Planning department is recruiting to fill a full-time Facilities Specialist. This position delivers and moves furniture, fixtures and equipment used to host events; delivers and sets-up tables, chairs, and equipment; and checks in and cleans furniture and equipment to inventory and makes repairs if needed. This includes loading items manually or by utilizing hand trucks and forklifts, pallet jacks, airless lifts, operating delivery vehicles, unloading items, rigging, uncrating and arranging the items. This position maintains, repairs, stores, and ensures the security of the stage equipment. This position performs surface and project site paint preparation, which includes performing painting work to maintain and repair the surfaces of buildings, structures, fixtures, furniture, and equipment. This position may perform other general carpentry tasks (i.e., hanging pictures, whiteboards, and signage)
This full-time position is typically scheduled Monday-Friday from 7am-4pm with occasional overtime and weekend emergency/standby responsibilities
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Deliver and move furniture, fixtures and equipment
- Disassemble and assemble furniture
- Complete paint jobs and repair surfaces
- Perform other general carpentry tasks (hanging pictures, whiteboards, and signage)
- Assist maintenance technicians when necessary.
- Work from aerial lift and elevated platforms of up to 65 feet.
- Ability to practice personal safety and vigilance in the identification of safety or security hazards to actively support and enforce a safe and hazard free working environment.
- Promote and adhere to all recognized safety practices and standards.
- Provide service excellence through courteous, informed, accessible, and professional engagement.
- Assist trades as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Communication - able to effectively communicate in a professional, diplomatic, empathetic, and tactful manner using preferred method and level as applicable to the job.
- Team Orientation & Interpersonal - highly motivated team player with ability to develop and maintain collaborative relationships with all levels within and external to the organization.
- Results Orientation - proven ability to set and exceed established targets.
- Ability to work in a diverse environment.
- Organization & Time Management - able to plan, organize, and follow up on tasks related to the job to achieve goals within or ahead of established time frames.
- Adaptability to Change - able to be flexible and supportive, react swiftly to and able to assimilate change positively and proactively in rapid growth environment.
- Relationship Management - able to personally provide high level of interactive service to others, building relationships and addressing identified needs.
- Ethics - able to demonstrate integrity, professionalism, civility, and a high degree of ethics in all job-related actions.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, customer-service oriented collaborative team environment.
- Provide and ensure excellent customer service response to facilities issues as they arise on campus.
- Communicate regularly, courteously, and professionally utilizing interpersonal skills to maintain effective relationships with other department staff, faculty, students and public.
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential data.
- High School diploma or equivalent or any combination of education, training or experience that provides the knowledge, skills and abilities required for this position.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and relationship building. Demonstrated ability to promote cooperation, trust, high quality workmanship and customer service in a service-oriented, multi-trade environment.
- Possess a valid driver's license and driving record to become/remain certified to operate vehicles and equipment.
Physical Requirements: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The job requires working with and around hazardous building materials containing asbestos and solvents; frequent lifting, climbing, moving, and installing of heavy objects, many in awkward or high locations; and exposure to hot and cold temperatures when working outside. Frequent talking, seeing, and hearing. Repetitive motion of wrists, hands, and fingers. Frequent walking, standing, bending, twisting. Frequent climbing stairs, lifting up to 50 pounds. Able to operate a motorized vehicle.
The University of Evansville expects all members of its community to treat each other with respect and civility. Harassing behaviors directed towards any member of our community will not be tolerated. As part of its commitment to non-discrimination, the University specifically prohibits harassment based on any other characteristics set forth in its nondiscrimination statement as follows: including race, color, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, creed or religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status and all federally protected groups/classes. Any form of harassment undermines the mission of the University and negatively impacts the University community as a whole.
The University of Evansville participates in the E-Verify program.
If you are interested in coming to work at the University of Evansville, fill out our online application as well as review our application procedures and benefits information below. If you wish to apply for a position in dining services, please contact Chartwells. If you wish to apply for a position in housekeeping, please contact WFF at 812-488-2045.