Employment Opportunity Detail
Administrative Assistant for Nurse Anesthesia Program
The Administrative Assistant for the Nurse Anesthesia program provides professional assistance to the Nurse Anesthesia program as well as clinical assistance as needed to the College of Education and Health Sciences. The administrative assistant’s primary duties are to manage the office, maintain records, and provide customer service to internal constituents and the external community. Additional duties include (but are not limited to): assisting the Eykamp Center for Teaching Excellence (approx. 8hrs/wk. and other duties as needed.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide support to the chair, the full time and adjunct faculty.
- Manage the office, maintain records, and provide customer service.
- Create, manage and problem solve related to Director’s schedule.
- Order office and lab supplies and arrange deliveries.
- Communicate with adjunct faculty members
- Respond to questions and requests from faculty, staff, students and others via telephone, email, writing or in person.
- Reserve rooms for events and meetings
- Prepare check requests, purchase orders and internal charge paperwork.
- Provide support for the ECTE: coordinate schedule for new faculty orientation, format documents and emails, maintain and order supplies, maintain ECTE website, oversee budget and accounting responsibilities
- Other duties as assigned.
The preceding list of duties and responsibilities are not intended to be an exhaustive list of tasks and functions for this position.
Operations Administrator of Nurse Anesthesia Program
- Bachelor’s degree preferred from an accredited institution; preference with experience in academics; Associate degree accepted; High school diploma required
- Enthusiasm and commitment for the University of Evansville
- Strong interpersonal skills (verbal and written)
- Strong technology skills including experience with database integration
- Be able to navigate and learn new web-based applications
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a team
- Must be professional in all interactions
The University of Evansville expects all members of its community to treat each other with respect and civility. Harassing behaviors directed towards any member of our community will not be tolerated. As part of its commitment to non-discrimination, the University specifically prohibits harassment based on any other characteristics set forth in its nondiscrimination statement as follows: including race, color, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, creed or religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status and all federally protected groups/classes. Any form of harassment undermines the mission of the University and negatively impacts the University community as a whole.
The University of Evansville participates in the E-Verify program.
If you are interested in coming to work at the University of Evansville, fill out our online application as well as review our application procedures and benefits information below. If you wish to apply for a position in dining services, please contact Chartwells. If you wish to apply for a position in housekeeping, please contact WFF at 812-488-2045.