Employment Opportunity Detail
The Office of Administrative Services & Risk Management invites applications for the position of Mail Courier in Mail Services/Distribution Services. This full-time staff position begins right away.
Description of Job Responsibilities:
- Picks up, loads, sorts and delivers all campus mail involving, but not limited to, local U.S.P.S., campus, vendors, and overnight mail, etc. consistently and promptly with assistance of student workers, as available.
- Assists with processing and distribution of student packages and related documentation for daily deliveries. which includes tracking system.
- Operates and maintains mail van including fuel and schedules maintenance and service on a timely basis using UE Pcard.
- Operates equipment such as forklift and pallet jack safely at an efficient level as additional support.
- Tracks mail pieces (business reply and postage) daily, processes mail monthly journal entries and assists with contract mailings.
- Monitors mail service's email and phones and responds appropriately.
- Assists Lead and UE staff with supervision of work study students including training and utilization.
- Follows mail procedures and processes including USPS requirements and UE Policies and Procedures.
- Performs cross functional duties within Distribution Services as needed and other duties as assigned.
- Maintains a clean and safe work environment.
A minimum of high school diploma or GED required. Valid operator driver’s license and ability to drive. Two years experience in the area of customer service &/or package delivery. Good communication skills, service oriented as well as good computer and interpersonal skills, are necessary. Ability to stand, walk, bend, climb stairs and lift &/or carry boxes and materials 50+ on daily basis. Candidates must have personal computer experience including email, spreadsheet applications, with the ability to work and communicate closely on all levels of administration, faculty, staff and students. Must be able to maintain confidentiality.
Forklift experience desired &/or willing to train to become UE forklift certified within first 90 days of employment.
The University of Evansville expects all members of its community to treat each other with respect and civility. Harassing behaviors directed towards any member of our community will not be tolerated. As part of its commitment to non-discrimination, the University specifically prohibits harassment based on any other characteristics set forth in its nondiscrimination statement as follows: including race, color, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, creed or religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status and all federally protected groups/classes. Any form of harassment undermines the mission of the University and negatively impacts the University community as a whole.
The University of Evansville participates in the E-Verify program.
If you are interested in coming to work at the University of Evansville, fill out our online application as well as review our application procedures and benefits information below. If you wish to apply for a position in dining services, please contact Chartwells. If you wish to apply for a position in housekeeping, please contact WFF at 812-488-2045.
Room 118, Olmsted Administration Hall