Dean of the College of Engineering and Computer Science
The University of Evansville enjoys a reputation for strong academic focus. It is one of the Top 10 Midwest Master’s Level Universities in the U.S. News and World Report’s College Guide. The College of Engineering and Computer Science comprises ABET-accredited programs in civil engineering, computer engineering, computer science, electrical engineering, and mechanical engineering, as well as a new program in software engineering.
The University of Evansville is an independent, comprehensive, selective admissions university recognized for excellence in its core liberal arts and sciences curriculum and professional programs. Enrollment is approximately 2,500. The University is a leader in study abroad and owns a campus in England, Harlaxton College.
The Dean of the College of Engineering and Computer Science is responsible for the effective leadership of teaching, scholarship, outreach activities within the college, and development of college programs.
The Dean will provide leadership for the college’s curricular activities, research and scholarship, professional development, recruitment and retention of high-quality faculty, staff, and students. The Dean is expected to:
- Acquire resources and personnel to match demand for teaching.
- Acquire internal and external funding for development of college programs, student projects, scholarships and undergraduate research.
- Provide leadership for the college as it moves into new areas.
- Participate in the recruitment of high quality students.
- Establish a shared vision of quality research and engineering education that is consistent with the mission and goals of the University and College.
- Promote and develop quality research and educational programs.
- Plan and coordinate program reviews to acquire and maintain ABET accreditation.
- Model a climate of student support among faculty and staff.
- Establishing an environment of open communication in the College with all interactions carried out in a professional manner.
- Enhancing a culture of diversity and community with faculty, staff, and students.
- Provide effective management of fiscal policies and procedures.
- Make decisions in a clear, timely, and collegial manner in accordance with the principles of shared governance.
- Supervise faculty and staff personnel, oversee faculty workload, and establish equitable policies.
- Create and maintain community, industry, and government partnerships that support College research and education programs
This position requires an earned doctorate from an institution of higher education in a discipline relevant to the academic programs of the College of Engineering and Computer Science and have demonstrated significant leadership and management experience. Demonstrated success in fundraising and obtaining research grants will be viewed favorably. The successful candidate for dean should demonstrate competency in the duties and job expectations outlined above.
Please attach a letter of application, curriculum vitae, and a list of three references with email addresses to the online application located at http://www.evansville.edu/offices/hr/employmentApp.cfm.
Reviews will begin on December 15, 2017 and continue until the position is filled.
The University of Evansville operates under a nondiscriminatory policy with regard to race, color, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, creed or religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status and all federally protected groups/classes. Minorities and underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply.
The University of Evansville participates in the E-Verify program.