The Physical Plant Department has an opening for Groundskeeper. This is a full time position working 40 hours/week. This position provides full range of grounds keeping functions and services to maintain and improve the university’s grounds and properties.
Essential Functions (Explain most significant duties of position)
- Maintain a valid IN motor vehicle operator license at all times.
- Safely and efficiently operate a variety of heavy equipment and assorted power tools.
- Standard essential functions include, but are not limited to: trash pick-up, snow removal, edging, pruning of plants and trees, string trimming, hand pulling weeds and mulching landscaped areas, small area mowing with push mowers, large area mowing with self-propelled units, cleanup of grounds and service equipment.
- Other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
Essential Knowledge and Skills (Those qualifications necessary to perform this job)
- High School diploma or GED required
- Ability to work comfortably in extreme weather conditions; heat, cold, rain, snow, etc.
- No restrictions on mobility or lifting.
Continuous physical effort is required to operate vehicles, tools and equipment in routine performance of grounds duties. Must be able to read and understand standard work orders and verbal instructions. Frequent standing, walking, bending and lifting required. Working outdoors in extremes of heat and cold required. Some exposure to pesticides and other chemicals used in grounds maintenance.
Standard physical plant hours are 7:00AM to 3:30PM, Monday-Friday. Must be available for emergencies (snow, storms, etc.). Some weekends and overtime for special events and emergencies. Infrequent travel for seminars or specialty course.
Applicants please submit an online application to University of Evansville at http://www.evansville.edu/offices/hr/employmentApp.cfm (preferred); or submit an application to the University of Evansville, Office of Human Resources, Room 118, Olmsted Administration Building, 1800 Lincoln Avenue, Evansville, IN 47722.
The University of Evansville operates under a nondiscriminatory policy with regard to race, color, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, creed or religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status and all federally protected groups/classes. Minorities and underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply.
The University of Evansville participates in the E-Verify program.