Mailing and Risk Management Specialist
The Office of Administrative Services & Risk Management invites applications for the position of Mailing & Risk Management Specialist. This full-time staff position begins May 24, 2021.
Description of Job Responsibilities:
- Assists Director of Risk Management as directed with the processing of Risk Management requests related to on-line training requirements for employees, facilitates student background screenings, maintains all related files and various databases (i.e. property, annual renewal questionnaires), and provides administrative support.
- Processes Certificates of Insurance, and waiver requests, initiates and monitors general liability, auto, worker’s compensation, etc. claims.
- Serves as Mail Piece Design Analyst for UE campus by working closely with USPS personnel and coordinating all UE mailings between UE departments and contract mail vendor. Represents UE at Postal Customer Council meetings and other meetings and seminars as appropriate. Also, assists supervisor with liaison function between University departments and contract mail vendor.
- Processes various income budget entries, monthly journal entries, transmittals of income (cash, check, coin) from various vendors, Pcard payments and/or verifies funds transmitted as necessary.
- Supports Manager of Environmental Health & Safety with UE Environmental Management System (EMS) including Material Safety Data (MSDS) On-line System and MSDS Sheets.
- Maintains working knowledge of all USPS regulations pertaining to UE mail operations and other mail related vendors; and tracks postage permit inventory and stock mail piece materials in cooperation with Distribution Services Supervisor.
- Serves as backup office functions and performs other duties as needed or assigned.
A minimum of high school diploma or GED required. Three years’ experience in the area of customer service and/or risk management is also required. Good verbal, written communication skills, as well as good organizational and interpersonal skills, are necessary. Candidates must have at least three years personal computer experience including word processing, email, spreadsheet applications, and on-line internet experience with the ability to work and communicate closely on all levels of administration, faculty, staff and students. Must be detail oriented and able to maintain confidentiality.
Five years of customer service experience in the areas of mail piece quality and/or risk management is desirable.
Interested candidates please submit the online application at http://www.evansville.edu/offices/hr/employmentApp.cfm and send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Or mail to Kim Winsett, Director, Administrative Services & Risk Management, 1800 Lincoln Avenue, Evansville, IN 47722.
The University of Evansville operates under a nondiscriminatory policy with regard to race, color, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, creed or religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status and all federally protected groups/classes. Minorities and underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply.
The University of Evansville participates in the E-Verify program.