Student Services Specialist for The Center for the Advancement of Learning
The Center for the Advancement of Learning is seeking a highly motivated and energetic team member who will work under the direction of the Senior Director of the Center supporting programs aimed primarily at returning adults and professionals.
- Serve as first point of contact for all professional and adult degree programs.
- Provide registration and communication support for new and current students and clerical support for adjunct faculty.
- Assist new and current students with admissions, registration, schedule changes, graduation details and important deadlines.
- Correspond with students and academic partners to resolve problems related to student services, financial aid, registration, and student accounts with the highest level of customer service.
- Serve as first contact for all non-credit certificate programs and maintain database of all adult student inquiries.
- Provide outreach to community in marketing of all non-credit certificate programs.
This position is a temporary, part time position offering a flexible work schedule of 20-25 hours per week with the option to work remotely. This position is a 12-month position funded through the Phase II Lilly Endowment Grant with the possibility of becoming a permanent position at the end of the 12-month period.
A bachelor’s degree is required. Qualified candidates will be able to provide excellent customer service and be able to engage with applicants, new students, current students, alumni and adjunct faculty. Experience in student advising, recruitment, or any equivalent combination of relevant education is preferred. Exceptional organization skills with strong analytical ability is necessary. Preference will be given to candidates with 1-3 years of student services experience. Some evenings and weekends may be required to assist our adult education faculty and students.
Instructions for applying: To apply, complete the application for employment online http://www.evansville.edu/offices/hr/employmentApp.cfm and attach a cover letter and a resume.
The University of Evansville operates under a nondiscriminatory policy with regard to race, color, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, creed or religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status and all federally protected groups/classes. Minorities and underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply.
The University of Evansville participates in the E-Verify program.