The University of Evansville offers a variety of ensembles in both instrumental and vocal areas. Our ensembles perform concerts both on and off campus throughout the year.
- Wind, String, Percussion Chamber Ensembles
- University Choir, Men's Chorus, Women's Chorus, Kantorei
- Jazz Band I, Jazz Band II
- Opera Scenes, Opera Production
- University Symphony Orchestra, String Ensemble
- Wind Ensemble, University Band, Athletic Bands
Music is an integral part of the University's commitment to a liberal arts education. We welcome and encourage students from all other disciplines to participate along with our music majors in any of these ensembles.
The following document contains all audition excerpts. Print only the page(s) required for your audition.
University Symphony Orchestra
To audition for the University Symphony Orchestra, students must play:
- One 2 or 3 octave scale of your choice.
- A brief solo (approximately 2 minutes long.)
- Audition Passages: Excerpts from Antonin Dvorak: Symphony No. 8, Op. 88 in G major (excerpts provided.)
Note: Violinists wishing to be placed in the first violin section must play the Violin I excerpt.
- Strings: Wednesday, Aug 24, 9:00a.m. – 12:30 p.m. / 3:00 – 4:00 p.m.
- Winds, Brass: Thursday, Aug 25, 9:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m. / 3:00 – 4:00 p.m.
- Percussion: Your orchestra audition will be in conjunction with the Wind Ensemble audition.
- Friday, August 26: Additional audition time by appointment.
Please sign up for an audition on the audition schedule, which can be found at the University Symphony Orchestra Board. All auditions will be held in FA104A.
- Wednesday, August 24, 2016, 7:30 – 9:30 p.m.
- Thursday, August 25, 2016, 3 – 9 p.m.
All auditions are in FA 103.
A sign-up sheet is available on the UE Bands bulletin board.
The audition will consist of prepared excerpts, scales, and sight-reading.
Wind Ensemble will not meet Thursday, August 25, due to auditions.
The first rehearsal will be Tuesday, August 30, 2016.