The University of Evansville offers a variety of ensembles in both instrumental and vocal areas. Our ensembles perform concerts both on and off campus throughout the year.
- Wind, String, Percussion Chamber Ensembles
- University Choir, Men's Chorus, Women's Chorus, Kantorei
- Jazz Band I, Jazz Band II
- Opera Scenes, Opera Production
- University Symphony Orchestra, String Ensemble
- Wind Ensemble, University Band, Athletic Bands
Music is an integral part of the University's commitment to a liberal arts education. We welcome and encourage students from all other disciplines to participate along with our music majors in any of these ensembles.
Orchestra / String Ensemble
To audition for the University Symphony Orchestra, students must play:
- One 2 or 3 octave scale of your choice.
- A brief solo (approximately 2 minutes long.)
Passages from Wagner’s Overture to Die Meistersinger von Nürnberg (excerpts provided.)
Winds/brass - please prepare the entire piece.
Strings - please start at the first key change (E Major), where it says “Tempo I, ma un poco piu animato” and continue until the end.
- Please only play up until “Scene I”. Any music after Scene I is not part of the piece.
- Winds/brass - please prepare the entire piece.
Note: Violinists wishing to be placed in the first violin section must play the Violin I excerpt.
- Strings: Thursday, Aug 27, 8:00 – 11:00 a.m. / 1:00 – 4:00 p.m.
- Winds, Brass: Friday, Aug 28, 11:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. / 3:00 – 5:00 p.m.
- Percussion: Your orchestra audition will be in conjunction with the Wind Symphony audition, which is Wednesday, Aug 26, 8:00 – 10:00 p.m.
Please sign up for an audition on the audition schedule, which can be found at FA104A (Ms. Morel’s Office.) All auditions will be held in FA104A.
Wind Ensemble / University Band
- Percussion: Wednesday, August 26, 2015, 8:00-10:00 p.m.
- Woodwinds and Brass: Thursday, August 27, 2015, 3:00-10:00 p.m.
All auditions are in FA 103.
A sign-up sheet is posted on the bulletin board across from FA 103.