The University of Evansville offers a variety of outstanding instrumental and vocal ensemble experiences. Our ensembles have performed at venues like Carnegie Hall and been recognized through invited performances by the American Choral Directors Association, College Band Directors National Association, Indiana Music Education Association, and the Elmhurst Jazz Festival. All ensembles perform concerts both on and off campus throughout the year.
UE Ensemble opportunities include:
- University Choir, Mixed Chorus, Women’s Chorus, Kantorei
- UE’s Schmidt Opera Series
- University Symphony Orchestra, String Ensemble
- Wind Ensemble, University Band, Athletic Bands
- Jazz Ensembles I and II
- Wind, String, and Percussion Chamber Ensembles
Music is an integral part of the University's commitment to a liberal arts education. We welcome and encourage students from all other disciplines to participate along with our music majors in any of these ensembles.
Audition Placement Information for Current Students
Jazz Ensemble Auditions will take place on beginning at 7:00 PM. The sign up sheet for audition times will be posted on Fine Arts Room 144 (Dr. Zifer's office) in the Krannert Hall of Art and Music.
The Audition will consist of:
- Blues Scales (you can use the scale sheet)
- 2 Excerpts (see posted PDF's)
- Sight Reading
If you have any questions you may email Dr. Zifer at email@example.com.
To audition for the University Symphony Orchestra, students must play:
- A two- or three-octave scale of your choice.
- A brief solo (approximately two minutes long.)
- Audition Excerpts (excerpts provided below.)
Note: Violinists wishing to be placed in the first violin section must play the Violin I excerpt.
- Winds, Brass:
- Percussion and Harp: By Appointment
The UE Wind Ensemble audition will consist of prepared excerpts (found below), two major scales (one in a flat key, one in a sharp key), chromatic scale (practical range of instrument), and sight reading.
Auditions are held in Krannert Hall of Art and Music, Room 103. Please sign up for an audition on the UE Bands bulletin board, across from FA 103.
For further information, please contact Dr. Kenneth Steinsultz at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Wind Ensemble will not meet , due to auditions.
The first rehearsal will be .